Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

weighted base pads

45acp230

I actually like the additional weight on mags that I have to drop during a stage. Helps get them out of the way quicker.

If the Limcat ones are no longer available you can go to your local golf supply house and buy some lead tape. Wrap a strip or 2 around your mag just above the magwell but........make sure it doesn't interfere with your mage properly seating in the gun.

Extra weight will only help if the mag is sticking. Otherwise they fall at exactly the same rate. If your mags stick you have a bigger problem.

well, problem is, shooting down a 20 rd mag, with a match 'death grip " sometimes they hang for a sec, and i just remember seeing the old limcat brass ones, and thought now ...why not ?? shooting to 19 with the extra spring presser is cool, but in the dirt and blowing dust of texas..a little insurance against a " flat footed re-load would be nice " ..no ?

Your match deathgrip should loosen up when you go to reload...you automatically lose half the support (at least) when your weakhand comes off the gun and it definitely loosens up when you hit the mag release...chances are your mag bodies are just swollen.

Either way, if the mag is sticking, work on fixing the sticking problem (I'm about 99.9% sure it isn't your grip), brass basepads won't help (and if they do they will only be a temporary fix) if your mags are sticking.

Your match deathgrip should loosen up when you go to reload...you automatically lose half the support (at least) when your weakhand comes off the gun and it definitely loosens up when you hit the mag release...chances are your mag bodies are just swollen.

Either way, if the mag is sticking, work on fixing the sticking problem (I'm about 99.9% sure it isn't your grip), brass basepads won't help (and if they do they will only be a temporary fix) if your mags are sticking.

well, i may do a little more in the vice... there is a fine line , from 20 that will drop, to 20 that will run..

slide stop is cut, follower cut , and yep..there a little swollen, i have used the mic. on them and there out about .020ths or so, but %$#@ they run good !!!

ha,ha.... ok a little " sti vice tune ' it is !!!!

If the 20th round is causing the mag body to swell and stick....put 19 in there.
no way man !!!! IT HAS TO BE 20, DONT YA THINK GUYS ?????? i mean CR is claming 21 ! and i saw manny run one last year...

but a little more practice on re-loads sure would help...or less steel so i know my rd. count :unsure:

Would you rather have 1 extra round (that you just about never need) and a mag that doesn't drop free?

Getting the gun working perfectly is 10 times more important than than having 20 rounds.

bud.. you know this game...got to have both !!!!

In the absence of air resistance ;)

If no one is at the sidewalk when they hit, then do they make a sound?

Sound: The sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.

No sound, just vibrations.

Sound: The sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.

Please turn in your engineer geek card, we now award you the lifetime achievement status gold card.

Please turn in your engineer geek card, we now award you the lifetime achievement status gold card.

Hey now :lol: I'm taking a physics class at the moment. It's fresh on my mind.