Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major 9 Barrel

Mad Scientist

Hey all ,

Just got in a proto type barrel from Kevin at KKM precision.

I talked him into makeing a fully suportd barrel for GLOCK 9 aplications. and it came in today. I have been waiting two months and i must say the wait was worth it. The barrel specs are as follows.

1Fully suported.

2 short chamdered.

3 extra hood material for a precise fit.

4 extra material at the foot for tight look up.

4.5 extra material in ramp to custom form feed ramp

5 1-16 twist with suppr smooth standard rifleing.

6 available in standard lenght and also threaded ( for a fee)

I cant wait to get this barrel in the new 34 project open glock 3

I am exspecting 1inch groups at25 yards with this barrel which is not unheard of as I have come very close with welded up stock barrels.

This barrel is outstanding the quaility is great and kevin did everything i asked for.

He calls it the gunsmith fit match 9 suported but I call it The " Nagel Barrel" he will know what you are looking for.

Johnnie

• 3 weeks later...

I have fitted one of the new barrels into a 34 open blaster and man was I ever surprised . The quality realy showed thru as a local pistol instructor and former army marksmanship unit member Jimmie Mccoy steped up and asked if he could shoot the pistol. I was a little sceptical and said ok but its not broke in and its not sighted. He said no matter lets see how acurate this thing is.He shot slowly and deliberatly and when we realed the target in from 50' ther was a nice litle clover leaf about the size of a quarter. I have since broke the gun in and have desperatly tried my darndest to match his groups but all I can manage is about 3/4 inch at that distance. the bad part about all this is I still need to set up a bench rest and see how it shots off sand.

I can not say enough about kevin and his barrels both are above average and should realy be considered on your next Glock project.

JohnNagel

vluc,

"fully supported" is a pretty broad term, I think.

Good point, but it has me wondering, what with the recent spate of glock problems the LEO's are having, is the definition so broad that I have to begin to aska slew of different questions to find out?

maybe i need to poll the barrel makers!!

I have yet to see a Glock barrel that is actually fully supported. Standard barrels from Bar-Sto, KKM, Briley, Jarvis etc do not have full case support. They do have more case support but not full case support. If you had true full case support in a Glock it probably would not feed.

The barrels that I am haveing made have the ramp moved back so that

it does not enter the chamber at all . I did lots of R&D to make them feed. The loads that I am using are abot the same as major 9 loads out of a 1911. If you section a case the suport comes back into the solid part of the case . Basicly ther is .150 more chamber at the 6 o clock

closest thing any one has come to fully suporting a glock barrel .

They handle the presures and have had 0 feed problems.

The groups were shot at 50 feet that is were we ran out of ammo.

John Nagel

• 2 weeks later...

the usual unsupported chamber in .40 using federal ammo...three G22's went in one police department...looking for the link and will pass it on. Now it is probably an ammo related problem, but the barrel issue always crops up...I have no opinion eitehr way.

okay

The following is copied from this week's edition of Blackwater Tactical Weekly.

BE ADVISED THAT WARREN CTY PA SO ON FRI, 5-16-03, HAD THREE GLOCK 22 PISTOLS EXPLODE IN THE HANDS OF THREE OFFICERS WHILE FIRING FEDERAL 155 GR. HI-SHOK JHP LOT # 2 42W262. ONE GUN WAS COMPLETELY BLOWN APART, AND THE OTHER TWO EXPERIENCED MAJOR DAMAGE. DEPUTIES WERE SLIGHTLY INJURED. VR BT

40's ,

in glocks have very thin chambers to start with the slide is about the same as a 9 and the chamber is bigger. I have seen chambers split at the 3:00 and is not a suport issue.the issue is using very quick powders that generate high presure spikes at ignition. as you noted

the rounds were all of one manufacture and one lot number.

I would be intersested to see the guns in detail and see where the faliure occured.my problems with stock barrel ocured at the 6:00

and where totaly support issues. also glock manufactures with realy soft materials and then hardens the outside surfaces.while this is usualy ok with standard loads it does present problems with high presure loadings.

the metals are free to streach and become betten down.

I hade one stock welded barrel that developed headspace problems in about 1000 rounds of high pressure major 9 barrels.

the kkm barrels on the other hand are consistent thru out and the chambers once cut stay put.

Johnnie