Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matercast Bullets

bigtex84

I was looking for a decent deal on some lead practice loads for my 9mm. I saw matercast's website and they were the cheapest I had seen anywhere, $43 per 1000. I told him I wanted 9000 but didnt know if they were going to be reliable in me firearms. So he offered to sent me a sample pack of 50 to try out. He also comped the shipping charge on my order. Just thought I would share this because of the great customer service.

I assume that this is Mastercast.net out of PA?

I've bought about 6000 200gr LSWCs from him and am extremely pleased with their performance, consistency and price. I haven't loaded one yet that had lost the lube ring.

They're a great company.

There are two with the same name...both seem to ship promptly and offer reasonable prices (given today's market conditions)...quality is about the same as Kead's but availability is a little better. Neither are quite as nice as Penn Match grade.

In Illinois - http://www.mastercastbullets.com/

In PA - http://www.mastercast.net/

/Bryan

If it's the one in Il. he gave me a nice discount on 25,000 bullets. This was on top of what I thought was a very good price to start with.

Rik

To add to the confusion, I think both guys are named Mike.

Edited by Rik

+1 on MasterCast. Mike in Illinois is a great guy and the quality of the product is very good. The last order I placed was lost in shipment and Mike had another order to me in 2 days. Great customer service for sure. His 180gr .40 bullets are pretty darn good, as is the 200 gr SWC for my .45. :cheers:

Another +1 on Mike at Mastercast in Illinois. Great bullets and customer service is outstanding. My last order was received 9 days after I placed the order. The bullets were beautifully cast, uniform and consistent. High quality and value, and his prices are excellent. Highly recommended.

I have never loaded lead bullets but due to current prices I am thinking about it.

What are some of the things I need to know, have loaded thousands of jacketed bullets.

I use tightgroup, would I need to change that (smokes more). Do they function the same

in Limited guns, production guns, etc...

Are power factors higher or lower with the same charge. Do they come apart at high velocities ???????

I have never loaded lead bullets but due to current prices I am thinking about it.

What are some of the things I need to know, have loaded thousands of jacketed bullets.

I use tightgroup, would I need to change that (smokes more). Do they function the same

in Limited guns, production guns, etc...

Are power factors higher or lower with the same charge. Do they come apart at high velocities ???????

I dont know about TG I use AA#7 for most of my loads, but im sure someone can tell you. As for function they funciton just as well as jacketed bullets unless they are cast of softer metal. This isnt a problem with mastercast but he is the only one I have used. I cant imagine PF would change if you were using a bullet of the same weight. Most cast bullets however need to be shot at lower velocities due to leading in the barrel at high velocities. I use these for practice because they are econmical. hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Another +1 on Mike at Mastercast in Illinois. Great bullets and customer service is outstanding. My last order was received 9 days after I placed the order. The bullets were beautifully cast, uniform and consistent. High quality and value, and his prices are excellent. Highly recommended.

+1 to Mike in IL. I have dealt with him lately and he's very nice guy and he is quick to respond to business concerns. I'll be doing more business with him for sure.