Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MultiGun at PCSI Range, Circleville Ohio

when you have 6 stages and over 200 rounds of ammo...yeah should be a good time.

I was looking over the stages and noticed something. Why aren't either all the metric or all the Classic targets for either just rifle or Pistol? I noticed on one stage you would shoot the metrics with rifle and on another stage shoot it with pistol? I don't know maybe that is to make me think harder but wouldn't it be simple just to say all Metrics are rifle and all classics are pistol unless designated for slugs? Just a thought.

My montana golds will be here friday or sat so I can go to the range and test run everything....fun fun.

Good catch on Stage 3 - Zig Zag. Somehow this one got flipped inadvertantly. That's an easy fix. As you observed, to simplify our task when shooting a stage I made a point of standardizing which firearm is going to engage which type of target except when transitioning to slugs. Then I had to use what ever target was not in play previously. So sometimes slugs are on metric and sometimes on classic. Thanks for the input.

Michael

No problem...the less I have to think about the better off I'll be :-)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Circleville Doesnt normally shoot 100 yards ....... I wonder if thats an eggageration or not ? :huh:

You're right we usually don't use the 100yd range for the pistol matches but for the MultiGun match we are using Bay 8 for stage 6 which is a 100 range. The mini poppers are 100yd rifle shots and the shotgun slug shots on metric targets are closer to 50yard shots. The 4x10" knockdown plates are in the range of 75+yard rifle shots. Sometimes when you have to design a stage on 8.5x11 page the scale of the stage can be misleading.

Hope this helps!

Michael

Circleville Doesnt normally shoot 100 yards ....... I wonder if thats an eggageration or not ? :huh:

You're right we usually don't use the 100yd range for the pistol matches but for the MultiGun match we are using Bay 8 for stage 6 which is a 100 range. The mini poppers are 100yd rifle shots and the shotgun slug shots on metric targets are closer to 50yard shots. The 4x10" knockdown plates are in the range of 75+yard rifle shots. Sometimes when you have to design a stage on 8.5x11 page the scale of the stage can be misleading.

Hope this helps!

Michael

:surprise: What no 100 yrd slugs? We'll we're not coming then! :roflol:

Chris C.

Hope this helps!

Michael

:surprise: What no 100 yrd slugs? We'll we're not coming then! :roflol:

Chris C.

I don't have a saltgun for slugs at 100 yards!

Is the magnet test for rifle ammo for all the stages or just the rifle stage with the steel on it? Figure I need the Lake City good stuff for that one but was hoping to use the cheap stuff on the other stuff if possible

Is the magnet test for rifle ammo for all the stages or just the rifle stage with the steel on it? Figure I need the Lake City good stuff for that one but was hoping to use the cheap stuff on the other stuff if possible

EkuJustice,

The magnet test is only for Stage 6 Bay 8 where we have the rifle grade steel. This is the only stage at this match that has steel that must be engaged with a rifle. So...you can shoot steel cased and/or steel core rifle bullets in the other stages since all of the rifle targets in the other bays are paper targets. Round count on stage 6 bay 8 is: Rifle-20 Birdshot-8 Slugs-6 Pistol-16.

Keep in mind that you cannot tell by just looking at a rifle cartridge whether it has steel in it or not. I had some Sellier & Bellot rifle cartridges that had a brass case and copper jacket that I would have never guessed it had a steel core bullet until I dropped a magnet on it.

Hope this helps!

Michael

Edited by Michael Craig

It was a real good match you missed out big time. High round counts, lots of moving and all 3 guns in most stages.

Rideing buddy backed out and therefore no free room and board, not to mention gas prices....sucks I didn't get to go I thought it looked like a fun match.

how was it :(

Real fun match Corey. We had a blast. I would say that the match was one of the most mentally demanding. Two stages you had to shoot slugs and bird shot. My favorite one was the last one. Small steel plates @ 100 yrds. and up close to med paper, birdshot/slugs, pistol. I shot consistant the whole match with no hiccups but miked a slug on the last stage that cost me. Shotgun reloads are almost there bro. A little more work.

Wish you could have been there. Oh, you had a free place to stay if you wanted. I might have even bought something out of the snack machine.

Thanks to all the Circleville guys for putting on a great match. Pretty good for the first one.

Nice to meet Flexmoney for the first time in person.

Where can we find the results?

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Great match! Especially for a first time event. Looking forward to coming back.

Thanks!

The overall feedback has been was very positive. Big THANKS goes to the setup crew, RO's and strike crew. If the squad that I was on was any indication of the overall caliber of competitors I couldn't ask for a better group of guys & gals to shoot with. Everyone really stepped up and helped keep the stages running. We look forward to hosting the June 29th MultiGun match at PCSI.

When the scores are completed they will be posted at: 2008 PCSI MultiGun Scores.

We didn't leave the range until after 8 last night so I will start entering the scores tonight. We had a minimum of 8,000+ rounds shot yesterday so it might take a tad longer than the usual monthly match. I will post a note on this thread when the scores are available.

Thanks again,

Michael

Very good match, Michael! The big stages were every bit as good as some I've shot at big matches. When I asked Flex why he wasn't shooting, he said he didn't have a cool cart to haul around his stuff. You'll have to get him into 3 gun, now. XPD54 and I'll be back next month. Good job!

Very good match, Michael! The big stages were every bit as good as some I've shot at big matches. When I asked Flex why he wasn't shooting, he said he didn't have a cool cart to haul around his stuff. You'll have to get him into 3 gun, now. XPD54 and I'll be back next month. Good job!

Boy that's a lame ass excuse if I ever heard one. :roflol:

Chris C.

Here's some cool pics that Gary W. took. Spent shells coming out of the AR and the shotgun. You can see the clay breaking also. I love cameras.

post-10237-1210037386.jpg

post-10237-1210037438.jpg

Great match! Well worth the trip and we'll be back.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Man that sure was a long day, but well worth it. For my first ever multigun event it was everything I expected and I had a good time. It was nice to see shooters from out of the state come up to play as well (especially with a cart for the 100 yard steel). With so much going on it was pretty easy to forget things like targets, but that's what makes it so much fun. I am sure a lot of us learned something about our equipment and what works or doesn't work. I watched a couple of shooters with cyl or imp. cyl. choke have a rough time on the steel plates. They just weren't getting enough shot on the plate to knock it over. I would definately like a larger field of view for my rifle scope, but I doubt you will ever have enough. I think a Cmore would be great right up to the long range steel. I have to the end of June to figure that out. Thanks for the hard work for those who put the match together and providing the perfect weather.