Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Printable Form for Testing Loads at the Chrono

ExtremeShot

Hi, Extreme:

I have a form that I have used for several years for such data gathering. It is in pdf format, so anyone can print it. It is 32KB long.

I will try to include it as an attachment, but I have never used that feature here before. If you have any trouble downloading it (or if I screw up the upload), I will be happy to email it as an attachment.

Let me know if this works.

Jim M

Chrono_Form_5.pdf

Here is what I made up to use:

http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/coppermin...um=79&pos=0

Edited to add that I formatted for 180gr .40 ammo. All you have to do is enter your velocity and it automatically computes your hit factor. For any other weight bullet, all you would have to do is change the formula from 180 to what ever weight you are using.

Edited by Rocket35

Thanks guys! Yeah, Bruce's form is sorta what I was looking for. Although, I'd like to have one sheet where I can record several loads. I may try to make one up real quick. I'll post what I come up with and you guys can let me know what you think.

Darren

OK. Here's what I had in mind. I kinda took Bruce's sheet and modified it so that I could compare loads. Thanks Bruce.

This sheet is used to compare loads of the same powder and bullet. The only thing that varies is the powder charge weight. Basically you enter the powder charge weights across the top of the table then enter the velocities for 10 shots per load, calculate the average, then calculate the power factor.

Let me know what you think.

Darren

Load_DataSheet.jpg

Click on this link to download the Microsoft Excel file:

Load_DataSheet.xls

yeah, Bruce, that really is a good looking forum! :cheers:

I have my reloading press toolheads all outfitted with Redding Micrometer Adjustable Bullet Seating Dies (RMABSD's), so this is what I have made. It has a space where I draw out a sketch of the RMABSD to include the tick marks and the numbers. That way I can easily replicate a setting if I have to. I put everything in a 3 ring binder now. I also have the binder broken up into sections, one for 9, one for 40, and so on.

One of my forms/sheets is good strictly for just one load (no changing powder weights, or bullets). That's the way I like it.

chronoloadrecord.doc

Edited by Chills1994

Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet guys! :cheers: It will work out well for me.

I don’t really need to bring a sheet to the range as the chrono stores the info that I can retrieve afterwards. All I need to do is keep track of what charge weight/bullet type goes with each string. I usually write that info on the target I use for each load.

I tweaked the file a bit by adding a row for SD. I inserted formulas to calculate High, Low, Average, SD & PF. I changed some other things around to suit my needs such as bullet actual weight, type of brass and other basic formatting.

What I like about working in Excel is once the data is entered the values are calculated automatically. Once I enter the data I can staple the target to the data sheet & place it in my load binder. I keep tab separations in my binder by powder manufacturer then organize the loads by bullet weights. I use the 3M page flags to tab the target for the best load out of that batch. Yeah - I get kinda carried away with all of this but I enjoy load development a lot and believe in documenting my efforts. Mostly because I suffer from CRS. :rolleyes:

Here’s a example of a completed form from a previous chrono session using the form:

loadsheet.jpg

Edited to add .xls file

Link to spreadsheet with formulas

Edited by Throwin Lead

Darren that looks good. If I get around to it tonight at work- I will put the formulas in. What bullet weight are you using?

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood you to say you had already put the formulas in. Don't worry about it.

Bullet weight?

DM

FInally there is a link on the earlier post .

Just a note for the bullet field - I weigh 3 bullets and take the average wweight and use that for my PF calculation. In the box belw I would write the make and "trade weight" The measured weight is key to the PF calc in the spreadsheet.

Edited by Throwin Lead