Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Try to come up with a helicopter mock up for a big multigun match and need some ideas. Stage name is going to be "Randy, last pistol mag". Stage will be rifle/pistol with pistol loaded and holstered at the start. Start with rifle inside the helo.

I have the material for the skin but need some pictures. Also looking for the do's and don'ts. This is a one time shot and I have to make it work right the first time or I'm not going to do it. If anyone has some pictures of a mock up, posting them here would be cool.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

For a small dose of reality, MUZZLES DOWN!!!! bullets through the floorboards, ok; bullets through the overhead..... very baaaaaad.

Understand that and then some. To me that would be a DQ. I want to make it simple so that doesn't become an issue. The way the stage will be laid out all of the muzzle issues whould not be a problem I hope.

Thanks,

Chris C.

The one at Tiger Valley is now mounted on truck springs, makes it very interesting to shoot from. Any movement by occupants sets the thing to rocking. The team match had both precision and carbine shooting from the inside at the same time.

Try to come up with a helicopter mock up for a big multigun match and need some ideas.
Do you want some actual dimensions to add some realism? It shouldn't be a problem to run off a copy of the dimensions pages out of the flight or maintenance manuals. What I have around are:

Bell 206L-3 - Same doors as the TH-67.

Bell 407 - Same doors as the OH-58D.

Eurocopter EC-135P2+ - Military version offered by Eurocopter as the EC-635.

Sikorsky S-76 - Military version offered by Sikorsky as the AUH-76.

Sikorsky S-92 - Morphs are around with various designations. Understand that the minigun project off the back tailgate was successful.

Bell 412 - Same doors as the UH-1. Out of our inventory but I should be able to find a flight manual around somewhere.

MBB BO-105 - Originally designed for use by the Luftwaffe for tank busting. Out of our inventory but I should be able to find a flight manual around somewhere.

I think that the 206L-3, 407. EC135. and BO-105 are too small to use in a match setting. The S-76, S-92 and 412 are the best bets size wise. As far as I know the S-76 and S-92 aren't set up well for out the side door gunning. The 412 is best for this. For runnin' and gunnin' out of a tailgate the S-92 is the answer.

Thanks Hank. If it would quit snowing and warm up I'd get to building this thing.

Chris C.

I'll go ahead and run a copy of the BHT 412 dimension pages and convert it to PDF. PM me with your email and I'll send it along. If I can find a flight or maintenance manual somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Here's the two miniguns that are going in the crew windows. Real pain in the ass to make these. Trying to get the barrels lined up was the hardest. Come Halloween next year these are going to be mounted back on the 3 gun cart for trick or treating.

post-10237-1204858691.jpg

Chris C.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Try to come up with a helicopter mock up for a big multigun match and need some ideas. Stage name is going to be "Randy, last pistol mag". Stage will be rifle/pistol with pistol loaded and holstered at the start. Start with rifle inside the helo.

I have the material for the skin but need some pictures. Also looking for the do's and don'ts. This is a one time shot and I have to make it work right the first time or I'm not going to do it. If anyone has some pictures of a mock up, posting them here would be cool.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chris C.

This may sound funny but the best prop I know is a van the last match we used it as a helicopter slide door open that activates swingers engage targets from a sling just like the real thing. :cheers:

Vlad