Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Todd Jarrett and 1000 rounds

Matt Cheely

It is VERY impressive to me that the gun ran 1000 rounds straight and got WICKED hot in the process without puking.

To me, what lube he was using is more impressive. When the gun heats up...its going to get tight. Thats when the lube is going to break down.....thats more important to me then what gun he was using.

Did they ever add lube? I know he was prepping it but I don't think they ever used any more lube once the shooting began.

I think Todd has a great sense of humor, and it showed in this video.

I bet he wishes his competition guns were as reliable as this pistol was.... ;-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check out the attached target shot with that gun post-torture test. Rebecca

I thought it was pretty cool,

I was wondering what you TJ did with the gun from the 1000 "test" to the target being shot, it shows those were rounds 5000k+

what happened during the 4000k rounds we didn't see?

Just one more quick clarification. Todd shot 1000 rounds through the gun for other shows on DownRangeTV, cleaned it and then did the 1000 round torture test. After this, 5 of us shot the remaining 3000+ rounds that day before he shot that group...we put a little gun butter on it somewhere in the middle of those 3000 rounds but that was it. The gun never missed a beat in 5K rounds with only one cleaning after 1K. We couldn't believe the accuracy was still there after all of that. Pretty cool!

RTJ,

Thanks for posting the extra details. That extra info impresses me more than the 1000 round video.

I am most impressed with that 1.92 group...at 25y...10 shots...outdoors, in Janurary...after being at the range all day...and running 5000 rounds through the gun.

Heck...I'm impressed with that group under ANY conditions.

It was Big Fun...as TJ said to me later, "Michael, you've asked me to do some pretty weird shooting events over the years, but this ranks right on up there!"

The Para amazed me...we just kept loading magazine after magazine all day long, and it kept on running and running. We did squirt some Gun Butter on it once...smoked up real nice!

DOWN RANGE is on its way to becoming the biggest firearms video site on the Internet...we're past 300,000 individual ISPs a month...this month, with the World Record, we'll do half a million. We have a feature set up so you can upload match videos, which the cowboys have been taking big time advantage of, and which has made their sponsors very happy. I've talked to USPSA about publicizing this feature. This year we'll be officially "out of beta" and heavily publicizing the site, so if you've got video feel free to post it on DOWN RANGE. Doesn't matter if you've posted it before on YouTube — we actually post the DOWN RANGE videos on YouTube as well...we keep meaning to set up our own YouTube channel, but what can I say, it's on the list...

My idea is that we have a lot of viewers to the site (and to SHOOTING GALLERY and COWBOYS) who know nothing about competition shooting, so the more we can show them what we do, the better.

We're going to do a FULL COURT PRESS for DOWN RANGE (and hopefully SHOOTING GALLERY) at the Single Stack Classic/USPSA Single Stack Nationals this year. Heck, after watching Todd's performance, I may have to get one of those SSPs to shoot (I shoot through on Friday, BTW, in the D.O.G. — Decrepit Old Guys — Squad).

Our goal is to have a million monthly viewers by the end of 2008, and we're on track to hit that.

We're going to set up an official DOWN RANGE 1000 ROUND CHALLENGE event early next year...single stack 1911, .45 ACP, 10 round max magazine, out-of-the-box gun with no event-specific modifications...we'll get the rules hammered out soon.

We're going to beef up our gun giveaways in 2008 (so far we've given away a Bruce Gray Custom 1911 and a beautiful Ruger/Tactical Solutions/Leupold custom 10/22); we're giving away TODD'S PARA SSP that he set the record with at the SHOT SHOW Para booth, and, of course, you do not have to be present to win. Our regular entry deal is that if you sign up for the DOWN RANGE Forms and post once, making you an official member, we'll enter your name TWICE in every drawing we do.

If there's something we need to be doing on DOWN RANGE, let me know...my door is always open to you guys...

Michael B

We did squirt some Gun Butter on it once...smoked up real nice!

Really??? Hmmm. I may have to look into that. To me this is the most impressive part of the story. I think one of those IR thermal imaging devices would have been really cool.....I wonder just how hot that gun was (besides ......yeeeeeeooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww hot gun...hot gun) :lol: