Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber "ten Ii" Series Pistols

rhino

Does anyone own or shoot one of the newer Kimber polymer framed, high cap guns? At some point, they started using a different frame that is obviously not the Bul M5.

The same magazines are supposed to work for both, but . . . will the Rescomp mag catch/release (that was designed for the Bul M5) to use Para-Ordnance magazines work with the current Kimber frame?

How does the newer frame compare to the Bul M5? Did they switch just to have a proprietary product, or were there some quality/function/durability issues?

Rhino, I do not recall what the price was. I would wait on the BUL M5, soon to be imported by Charles Daly.

STI/SVI mags will fit without modification. Dealer cost is $541 for the Gov't model. The IPSC model is around $1100. I plan on purchasing the Gov't model. I think CD bumped the price up too much on the IPSC model.

Rhino, I do not recall what the price was. I would wait on the BUL M5, soon to be imported by Charles Daly.

STI/SVI mags will fit without modification. Dealer cost is $541 for the Gov't model. The IPSC model is around $1100. I plan on purchasing the Gov't model. I think CD bumped the price up too much on the IPSC model.

Who is building the guns for Charles Daly to import? The Bul factory? Whose slides?

The thing is, if it comes from Kimber it's as much of a known quantity as you can get with a mass produced firearm. I know what I'd be getting.

STI and S-V mag compatibility is nice, but it doesn't register for me. I shoot .45ACP and use Para mags. ;)

The BUL guns I have looked at are put together as well as Kimbers. The slide (S&W/Jericho) is the same one Kimber uses. I don't see why a .45 STI mag would not work. I would think a Para mag could be made to work also. Go to www.bultransmark.com to see the guns. Charles Daly does not make any firearms.

• 1 year later...

I had a newer model Kimber polymer gun that I was using for Limited before I traded it off on my STI. It was a decent pistol but didn't feed SWC's from a full magazine. It did run fine with ball or round-nose stuff.

I had a hard time finding factory Kimber magazines but managed to find a few that I used. I also had a Para magazine that I enlarged the magazine catch slot on so it'd lock into the gun. I used a Dawson Awesome base plate on the Para mag for a total capacity of 17 rounds.

All in all, it was a good product. I went with a .40 instead for the higher magazine capacity. If I remember correctly, the gun was about $650 or something like that. I stuck a Briley bushing in the front, put an MMC adjustable sight on the back and replaced the trigger parts with a Nowlin drop-in trigger job.

Hopefully when (if) the ban sunsets Kimber will market a .40 that's aimed towards IPSC shooters.

Hi Rhino,

Sounds like you are looking for one. Send a PM to "short round" I think he will sell you his. He has 5 to 6 mags come along with it.

His poly Kimber is in 45 ACP and he only use it for 4 months to half a year. His is the "gold match series" not the regular ten II. He brought it for almost a grand. He mension that he is willing sell the whole package, guns with mags.

Hope it helps, :P