Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vicker's Tactical Glock Mag Release

wedgehead30

Been lurking for a while, enjoying the forum. Thought I'd pass on a piece of gear that I've been testing. For my fellow Tupperware shooters. I've been using the Vickers Tactical extended magazine release on my Glock 26 for the past few months. I had been having problems hitting the factory mag release on the baby Glock. I tried the factory extended release but found it too long for practical use. I carry this gun everyday off duty in an Alessi Talon IWB holster. I ran across the Vickers model which is in between the two different factory models. After using it for several months I can tell you I love it. It's just the right compromise in length for everyday use. It has a nicely rounded finish on it for concealed carry. I have no trouble hitting the release but don't have to worry about inadvertently hitting it because it sticks out too far. The execution of the piece is top notch and installation is easy. I'd put one on my duty G19 if I didn't already have the Aro-Tek in it.

Wedge

:D

http://www.vickerstactical.com/MagCatchPage/MagRelease.htm

MagCatch_large.jpg

Seen this piece before. Looks well made. Legal in all divisions EXCEPT production. :angry: oh well

Jim M

Does anyone know if this mag release is OK?

Vickers Extended Mag Release

It's not a catalogued, Glock-manufactured part, but it's supposed to split the difference between the stock mag release and Glock's extended version.

The Vickers mag release is NOT legal in production.

It looks like the Glock extended part. Am I missing something?

Your right it does. But it isn't a "Glock" part that is "specifically" allowed. :blink:

At least that my interpretation.

Jim M

It looks like the Glock extended part. Am I missing something?

Your right it does. But it isn't a "Glock" part that is "specifically" allowed. :blink:

At least that my interpretation.

Jim M

technically it is not a glock part, but I don't think anyone is going to catch it. It comes down to knowing the rules and the honor system.

The rounded corners will be a dead give away that it is not Glock or at least that it is an external modification in Production. But yes.....I will agree.....it is the perfect compromise for a carry gun. I have one of the early preproduction pieces that I got from Larry about 2 years ago. I've had it in my G19 since then and love it.

So is the Vickers the same length as the extended Glock part or in between the standard and extended parts?

I believe it's between the two.

YES.....it is between the two. The perfect compromise for carry with nicely rounded edges.

It is made by TangoDown to LAV's specs.

The one I got was actually white and I soaked it in RIT black dye. Larry had a handful and gave them to everyone in the class running a Glock.

I've got the Vickers on the majority of my Glocks. It's just the right length for carry or comp, doesn't need to have the corners rounded or any frame modification. I'm a lefty and it's so much better than the Glock extended which always seems to get in the way.

I don't recall ever not being able to find the stock mag release when hustling through a COF at a match...There's a reason Production has some limits on equipment and this one is easy. Carry is one thing and competition is another...