Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 BC Attendance

Allgoodhits

Ok BC particpants, as one who swore I would never go back, I'll have to eat a crow on that position! Anyone know any good recipes? So, I thought I would drag out some more shooters.

Let's run a little recruiting contest here on BE Forum. Is there a better way to PROMOTE attendance at BC, than just some plain ole fun?

We will have 5 for sure and maybe 6 from northern Virginia, and I believe there are at least that many (more) from southern Virginia, down Kevin & Alan's neck of the woods. That will be at least 12+ from Virginia. What about your State? I dare your State to out do Virginia! :angry2:

Martin :cheers:

Martin,

I consider it an honor to have you back, you have done more for this sport then I ever could. I love your idea, and since I am a "Team Player" we are going to step up to the plate as well. At the 2008 Championship Awards Dinner we will give out an Award to the State with the most participants, and we will ask John Bianchi to present that award.

We would also encourage any Club to bring a Club Flag to the Championship & we will display your colors at the Championship as well.

Thanks for all you do for this sport!

Tom...

Tom,

Martin is one heck of a good shooter but he lets his mind play games on him at Bianchi and he doesn't do very well. He always tells the rest of us to "just go out there and shoot". He seems to have a hard time applying that to himself.

Good idea, Martin. It looks like we will have 6 coming from our neck of the woods plus 1 and maybe a second from WV. Since WV was once a part of VA can we count them too? :surprise:

Tom,

Martin is one heck of a good shooter but he lets his mind play games on him at Bianchi and he doesn't do very well. He always tells the rest of us to "just go out there and shoot". He seems to have a hard time applying that to himself.

Good idea, Martin. It looks like we will have 6 coming from our neck of the woods plus 1 and maybe a second from WV. Since WV was once a part of VA can we count them too? :surprise:

Kevin, so maybe I should practice what I preach? :surprise: What a concept, maybe I'll try it! :cheers:

It looks like we are at a DOZEN now, maybe more. That's an A-team. Beware the Army of Virginia is coming to Columbia! Kevin, there is also Jim Taylor from near Richmond, and does your 6 or 7 count include Jeff Rowe and Greg Davis? Could it be we are at 15?

BC08 or Bust.

Martin :cheers:

With Jim Taylor added to the list, that puts us at 15! Gonna be some awfully heavy vehicles travelin' west that weekend with all that ammo and equipment. We'll even have our own husband/wife team from Va. Tech shooting as newcomers this time too! And a lawyer to boot! Good times all around and we'll probably out number any other state there......YIIIIPPPPEEEE! :cheers:

Alan~^~

With Jim Taylor added to the list, that puts us at 15! Gonna be some awfully heavy vehicles travelin' west that weekend with all that ammo and equipment. We'll even have our own husband/wife team from Va. Tech shooting as newcomers this time too! And a lawyer to boot! Good times all around and we'll probably out number any other state there......YIIIIPPPPEEEE! :cheers:

Alan~^~

Alan,

Maybe we can get Roy Frame to go too. .......16! A convoy to MO.

What about those other states? They aren't going to sit back and let VIRGINIA be the top state. OK you other 49, where are you? :angry2:

MJ

I'm trying to work on bringing one or two new shooters with me this year from NY.

I'm pretty certian that NY is not going to be able to touch you in the number of participants, but I'm sure we'll give you a run for your money as far as the overall placings/scores go. B)

I'm trying to work on bringing one or two new shooters with me this year from NY.

I'm pretty certian that NY is not going to be able to touch you in the number of participants, but I'm sure we'll give you a run for your money as far as the overall placings/scores go. B)

Ken,

Maybe we could even bring Tom K. out of retirement. Tom, you out there? :cheers:

Tom Hughes,

Pull some 1998-2001 BC results and scan for some names you don't recognize and send them an invite, perhaps you already do.

There was a very good junior from MT, or WY or somethiong named Jason _______. There is Vito Buccalato, Mark & Chelsea Mukon + another Mukon and Bob ______from CT. Jason Koon from VA or NC. Mark Duncan from NC, Gary Hutchison from VA. Some trooper from MS named Phil Hemphill! Get Jim Collins from AL (ZERO) to shoot. Ross Newell from AU, Brian Kirkpatrick. Brian Zins from VA!

Honestly with a few letters and phone calls from people I think we could easily get this thing to 175-185. Hell if each Country only brought one more than last year that would add what a dozen. Power in numbers, let's do it! Heck, think of this as the 30th REUNION MATCH.

MJ :cheers:

p.s. Like the song....... " I gotta new attitude".

MJ

Edited by Allgoodhits

Martin...

Has TK hit the big 60 yet? I heard rumors of him returning to BC as a senior. Not that I keep tabs on him, but I've heard that he's still shooting more than just Billiards...

Still...that would only bring NY to about 4 unless we get some new shooters to make the trip to BC. Any chance you guys can spare some room in the VA pavilion (although I know it will be a tight squeeze with "6'8 AP" in there) :D

Martin...

Has TK hit the big 60 yet? I heard rumors of him returning to BC as a senior. Not that I keep tabs on him, but I've heard that he's still shooting more than just Billiards...

Still...that would only bring NY to about 4 unless we get some new shooters to make the trip to BC. Any chance you guys can spare some room in the VA pavilion (although I know it will be a tight squeeze with "6'8 AP" in there) :D

The rumor is that UPS trucks make weekly bullet, primer & powder drops in Whitesboro, NY and the neighboring area has complained about all the shooting now for over a year. Someone is preparing for something in that neck of the woods! It is either TK getting ready for a run at the REUNION MATCH and Senior or it is a training site for some subversive individual or group. I guess we'll find out come BC2008.

"Shearly" :surprise: we will have room.

MJ

I'm thinking the Extended Stay (across the Hwy from the Holiday Inn). Last year it was only $45 a night, and comes with a kitchen. Half price of the Holiday Inn, plus cuts down on the 'go out to eat' expenses. No pool or gym (or bar), but still not bad at all. I haven't looked into other options yet...

Edited by KMacari

Tom Hughes,

Pull some 1998-2001 BC results and scan for some names you don't recognize and send them an invite, perhaps you already do.

There was a very good junior from MT, or WY or somethiong named Jason _______. There is Vito Buccalato, Mark & Chelsea Mukon + another Mukon and Bob ______from CT. Jason Koon from VA or NC. Mark Duncan from NC, Gary Hutchison from VA. Some trooper from MS named Phil Hemphill! Get Jim Collins from AL (ZERO) to shoot. Ross Newell from AU, Brian Kirkpatrick. Brian Zins from VA!

Honestly with a few letters and phone calls from people I think we could easily get this thing to 175-185. Hell if each Country only brought one more than last year that would add what a dozen. Power in numbers, let's do it! Heck, think of this as the 30th REUNION MATCH.

p.s. Like the song....... " I gotta new attitude".

Martin,

You VA guys have an "Awesome Attitude"

Ken, this FMR NY'R hopes you guys give em a run for the money! Either way, you all should bring your colors, we will put em up for the "World" to see!

I have spoken with & have sent out several "Official Invites" to all the Champions, to include "Brian Enos", with the exception of the Aussies, I have people hunting them down & Ron Lerch, he apparently has gone to a better place. I would love to have Phil & Brian at the Cup, just their presence will get some people a bit nervous, you guys should reach out to Brian, he is a VA boy! I told him BC was bulls-eye with an edge!

We currently have 22 competitors signed up, the on-line entry goes in effect on Monday, I sent out more then (50) Entry Packets by request, if all that request attend & all that competed last year show up, we are looking at over 200 competitors, as of todays date. It would be awesome if we could tell everyone that the Bianchi Cup is closed to competitors in 2008!

Thank you all for what you do for this Sport & the Championship, your dedication leads my inspiration!

Have a great weekend!

Tom...

"There's no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit".

Ronald Reagan

As one who has already entered AND listened very carefully to Martin in the carpark last year I will volunteer a treasured old family recipe.

1 crow (can use two if pot is big enough) 2 onions, 4 carrots and a large spoonfull of mustard.

Pluck and gut crow(s) and beat with a house brick (must be the red clay variety) Put all in the pot, cover with water and simmer for 4 hours. Empty pot and eat brick! :devil:

See you in Columbia

Coatesy

As one who has already entered AND listened very carefully to Martin in the carpark last year I will volunteer a treasured old family recipe.

1 crow (can use two if pot is big enough) 2 onions, 4 carrots and a large spoonfull of mustard.

Pluck and gut crow(s) and beat with a house brick (must be the red clay variety) Put all in the pot, cover with water and simmer for 4 hours. Empty pot and eat brick! :devil:

See you in Columbia

Coatesy

Perfect! Eating the brick will probably be easier that listening to all the grief, I know I will get :bow: .

I may just plan a trip in November too :cheers:

Martin,

If you are serious about the trip in Nov. then get a hold of GM IPROD right away. He can get you set up with bullets, primers and powder. I already have 1k waiting on me. If you think components are hard to get here and think the prices are high just ask GM what they have to pay. I don't see how they afford it.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Tom Hughes @ NRA HQ the 2008 Bianchi Cup entries are rolling in ahead of this time last year. Could it be that we "may" reach range capacity for the first time in how many years?

Get your entries in, and compete for the State Award!

VIRGINIA may quite possibly reach 20 shooters, as I (and another) are working on possible 6 pak :surprise: entry!

Stay tuned,

Edited by Allgoodhits

• 2 weeks later...
According to Tom Hughes @ NRA HQ the 2008 Bianchi Cup entries are rolling in ahead of this time last year. Could it be that we "may" reach range capacity for the first time in how many years?

Get your entries in, and compete for the State Award!

VIRGINIA may quite possibly reach 20 shooters, as I (and another) are working on possible 6 pak :surprise: entry!

Stay tuned,

Martin,

65 Competitors so far, this time last year, we might have had 5.

See ya soon...

Tom...

thughes@nrahq.org

Tom that's great!

We will have at least three shooter's from above.

How about this trio:

John Cameron

Leroy Spangler

Ray Chapman

...and....Nyles Leatham to film it all.

It will truly be a 30th Reunion Match :cheers:

Edited by Allgoodhits

Tom that's great!

We will have at least three shooter's from above.

How about this trio:

John Cameron

Leroy Spangler

Ray Chapman

...and....Nyles Leatham to film it all.

It will truly be a 30th Reunion Match :cheers:

Martin,

That would be a sight to see, I am sure they will all be there!

Tom...