Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 BC Attendance

Allgoodhits

mpolans - where do you practice? Closest NRA AP setup for us in NOVA is Chambersburg, PA. In fact there's an AP match this coming Sunday there.

Jon

We don't. Or rather, we haven't. Is it too late to shoot this Sunday's match??? If not, I'd appreciate any and all info you have on it.

NRA HQ Tom,

You catchng this? Another from Alexandria, VA! Looks like three from Quantico, VA.

So, 6-8 from Southern VA and 10 from Northern Virginia, what about Restof Virginia? That's 16-18 possibly more from Virginia. Are we going to get a roped off area of the parking lot? I'm seeing a RESERVED PARKING for Virginia Shooters sign to left of Doug's space!!! Do that and I promise you some of the other guys will start recruiting some shooters from their states!

Gotta go recruit some more shooters........

Martin :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow shooters:

We MUST step up and do better about recruiting shooters for BC 2008. Last tally was about 115 registered. For years some of us have "thought" that if attendance does not pick up, then the NRA may very well no longer be able to justify the money that they feel must put up to subsidize this match. This post is not about what is wrong with the Cup, it is about what is right about the Cup! We don't have to agree with everything the NRA does, but we must support the NRA. Without the NRA, none of us may even have guns to shoot any gun games. Don't loose sight of that.

My guess is that the "thought" may become a reality in the not too distant future, circa 2009. Yes the change thing is becoming to raise it's ugly head once again, and some changes may be in order. However, any changes which change the spirit of the CUP, and the variety of the COF and events too drastically, then it is no longer the Bianchi Cup. Is that what we want? I think not.

The CUP was never intended to be Bullseye, it was not intended to be PPC, and it was not set up for time based scoring, so it was not Steel Challenge, IPSC and later not IDPA. It was however a blend of all of these to a degree. Bullseye and PPC shooters may have found the time limits intimidating, and many of the Steel and IPSC gang may have found the accuracy requirement intimidating.

To the Champion, intimidation = challenge! No matter what the contest, there is a winner, then the rest follow, period. Let's not be so concerned about changing the COF drastically, but let's instead "change" the recruiting and excitement of the match itself. Let's encourage the IDPA and IPSC crowd to accept the challenge of a slightly more accuracy dependent game. Developing more accuracy can do nothing but help the shooter who already has speed. Those IPSC style shooters who do well at BC, are those that spend or have spent a lot of time on accuracy work. The BE and PPC gang certainly have had to learn to do what they know how to do in significantly less time. Both of these have been a healthy compromise. Let's not end the compromise.

Yes, I will be the first to admit I bitch! I swore I would never go back. So yes, I will eat that crow stew. Last year I brought two new shooters. This year as of now I am bringing those two back, plus two more, and have had significant influence on three more, who are coming! So, if I can bring 7 guys, certainly some of you guys can certainly round up a few buddies too. It is not a choice, it is a must. Git-R-Done.

See you in Columbia........ :cheers:

Martin

Edited by Allgoodhits

Martin, have you received the results from the Chambersburg match? I emailed a few days ago and George and he said he'd email them out after he had tallied them. Considering the turnout, I'd have thought he'd been done by now.

Martin, have you received the results from the Chambersburg match? I emailed a few days ago and George and he said he'd email them out after he had tallied them. Considering the turnout, I'd have thought he'd been done by now.

Mark,

I have not received snail nor email pertaining to match results.

Martin

Hey everyone,

Looks like it will be a fun match. This will make number 20 for me. Tom if you can look up the 10th cup and see if you can get any of those guys to come, it was like 200+ then.

Jeff

One of them is coming. My father shot the 10th Bianchi Cup.

Hey everyone,

Looks like it will be a fun match. This will make number 20 for me. Tom if you can look up the 10th cup and see if you can get any of those guys to come, it was like 200+ then.

Jeff

One of them is coming. My father shot the 10th Bianchi Cup.

That's great, anymore out there??? I will hold my breathe until there is.

• 3 weeks later...

Fellow shooters:

We must do better! I just spoke to Tom Hughes at NRA. As of 4-22 the BC count is at around 122. I couple months ago entries were ahead of last year, but now we have become stagnant. Do what you can to get people off the fence and sign up. The future of NRA AP as we have known it is possibly at stake. We must, and can do better.

Do what you can, please!

Martin :cheers: