Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Software practice timer

Ledge

Does anyone know where I got this thing? I used to have a software based practice timer that looked just like a RUReady timer, and you could set par times and have it repeat every so often, and had the voice of a guy saying "are you ready? stand by......" and then it would beep. I looked everywhere on ruready.com and couldn't find it. Anyone still got a copy lying around?

Here you go...

You da man! Thanks! I've played with the timers on Burkett's site, but the RUReady one is a bit more versatile. The wife and kids prefer it over the blaring BEEP! of the Pact, too.

Here you go...

You da man! Thanks! I've played with the timers on Burkett's site, but the RUReady one is a bit more versatile. The wife and kids prefer it over the blaring BEEP! of the Pact, too.

No problem. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the Pact beep is sorta loud without yer plugs in. I put a single piece of scotch tape (ANY kinda tape will work) over the sound hole. Cuts it down just about right for me to easily hear and not bug anyone else.

I used final Cut, a video/audio editing program to create a series of Par Time beeps at various intervals. I then turned them into MP3s and downloaded them to my ipod. it works great. If anyone wants some MP3 par times let me know and I can email them to you.

I used final Cut, a video/audio editing program to create a series of Par Time beeps at various intervals. I then turned them into MP3s and downloaded them to my ipod. it works great. If anyone wants some MP3 par times let me know and I can email them to you.

PM Sent

PM sent too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

PM sent.

Many thanks :cheers: ,

A.T.

I did this as well. One really cool feature of this method is that you can load them into almost ANY cellphone via bluetooth or memory card(or you can use myxertones.com to send them as MMS messages). Since the beeps are only a few seconds long they take up less space than most ringtones. If you don't have an mp3 player and don't want to shell out the cash for one, this is a good alternative. If anybody needs help with this feel free to PM. I work for a cellular carrier and answer phone questions all day anyway.