Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to get Dawson Sights

98sr20ve

I like a wide rear notch and a narrow front. I figure I would go with the .100 fiber front. I don't know if the Dawson comes in different rear widths and I am not stuck with only Dawson. Also, don't know why I would choose the .285 over the .300 front. Only sights I have used on a glock (other then stock) where these weird looking adjustable that stuck out past the rear of the slide about 1/4 inch. I do kinda wonder what that sight was as I loved the sight picture. Finally, were is a good place to buy? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

FO front .100X .285 and .300 goes with DP adjustible rear sight. I have DP adjustible and FO front in .100X .300 and like this setup very mutch. Taller front sight gives me very good sight picture. Very happy wit this setup.

I like a wide rear notch and a narrow front.

Steve,

So do I. Went through countless combinations. Thankfully someone here referred me to Warren Tactical, Sevigny Competition series. Excellent.

http://www.warrentactical.com/sights.htm

Jim M

http://www.warrentactical.com/webpages/wts...tsightfocus.htm

That is the sight picture I want. But I would prefer the adjustable rear.

FO front .100X .285 and .300 goes with DP adjustible rear sight. I have DP adjustible and FO front in .100X .300 and like this setup very mutch. Taller front sight gives me very good sight picture. Very happy wit this setup.

So the .300 is for the adjustable rear, and DP only has one rear notch for the adjustable rear?

That is the sight picture I want. But I would prefer the adjustable rear.

They're called "Awesome Dawson" for good reason. Great product(s). Form follows function for sure. But, IMHO that adjustable unit is just ffffugly :)

i'm jus sayin.

Jim M

order straight from Dawson..fast shipping..good customer service if needed..

I ran the adj and the .105 FO front on my G34...and the fixed rear .125 rear notch and the .105 plain front on a G22.

both gave clean crisp sight pictures that were easy to track...

Dawson sights are great. Order directly through them.

I went with the .300 high front. It gives you a bit more adjustment if you change loads and need to come down a few clicks. With 125's and 1100 fps I had 1 or 2 clicks of down available with the .285

Hello: If you like a wider rear notch file it out wider or mill it wider. I just milled the front sight down thinner and that worked for me. The rear notch on the Dawson is about the same as a Bo-Mar for a 1911. I wish Caspian made a thin front sight for a Glock say 0.070 wide. Hint,hint. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
I like a wide rear notch and a narrow front.

Steve,

So do I. Went through countless combinations. Thankfully someone here referred me to Warren Tactical, Sevigny Competition series. Excellent.

http://www.warrentactical.com/sights.htm

Jim M

I hope you are right because thats the combo I have on the way. Is there any trick to installing the rear?

I Only sights I have used on a glock (other then stock) where these weird looking adjustable that stuck out past the rear of the slide about 1/4 inch. I do kinda wonder what that sight was as I loved the sight picture.

Steve

That sounds like a Bomar more than likely.

I Only sights I have used on a glock (other then stock) where these weird looking adjustable that stuck out past the rear of the slide about 1/4 inch. I do kinda wonder what that sight was as I loved the sight picture.

Steve

That sounds like a Bomar more than likely.

Yep I asked the owner.

• 2 weeks later...

tonight with the help of my boss we instaled the dawson front and rear from shooters connection. oth came with the tools to install and instructions to remove and install the front is fiber optic.105 and the rear is fixed w/o fiber optic .115. i am extremely pleased.