Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Verctical shoulder holster

shooter_rob

I am looking for a good vertical shoulder holster with off side mag pouches to fit a M-9, Beretta 92 for an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan. I am required to carry my M-9 at all times and I have a tactical sherpa for on duty, but need a shoulder rig for off duty. The big boss prefers vertical to avoid others looking down the barrel of a loaded gun. If anyone has a used one to sell or knows of a good place to pick one up please let me know. Leather or nylon will work as long as the price is right. Thanks in advance!

Edited by shooter_rob

I'm not totally up to speed on shoulder holsters any more, but a while back I had to do a ton of research on them. It seems there aren't many companies that make a really good vertical shoulder holster that will work with a big auto. Check out Galco's Vertical Shoulder Holster System. It's actually the model they use when donating to service members in their "Holsters for Heros" program...looks pretty nice. R,

Alessi is suppose to make the best but there is a significant wait time. You might try Fist who has one wit or without a thumb break. Fist Veritical Shoulder Holster Also be aware that you purchase the harness, holster, and mag carrier seperately. I don't know if there are belt tie downs available either. I am not sure of the wait time. I have been looking at these for some time butI'm just not sure how much I would use one in Central Florida.

Hope this helps.

With three deployments to AStan, just thought I'd throw this out there for consideration....alot of us carried our handguns in Galco Fanny Packs, its enclosed so it keeps the dust off of the gun and its magazine, it can be worn over anything and any amount of layering when its cold out, and can be snugged down to run PT in if you are at a location that is requiring that.

Just an alternative I thought I'd thow out there for you.

Either way, Stay Safe, and Thanks for what you do from a broke down retired guy! :lol:

I have one of the vertical holsters from Galco. If I were not required to use it, I would carry via a different holster. Don't get me wrong, it is a quality holster, but it is not very stable--especially when walking fast / running--and is fairly slow to draw. But, as does your boss, mine wants us to carry verticaly, so as not to offend anyone.

I also tried Alessi, but they would not make me one for my duty gun. That was my first choice.

Edited by RAZZ

Thanks for all the great info. I will look into all the ones you have mentioned. I hope everyone has a wonderful new year and I will be keeping an eye on the forum when I can from the AOR, if I have access. Thanks again and God bless!

MSgt Rob Jessee

Edited by shooter_rob

Hey Rob. Get a Safariland 6005 for on duty wear. When you get to that lovely little place, there is plenty of Haji shops that sell leather shoulder holsters. That and the guys you swap out with will have many for sale.

If you need a 6005 let me know, I can send you mine as I am not set to go back over till this summer. Just in time for the 135' temps. Joy.

Also check out the fine folks at http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

They often have stuff in stock that you would need to wait a long time to get direct. I order all my Milt Sparks stuff through them anymore. They almost always have what I want in stock and it arrives 2 days later.

They list the Alessi stuff but no clue regarding stock. You'll have to call them.