Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3rd Gen SVI?

Joe D

One nice thing about those fatter at the top mags...harder to reload your finger along with the mag. Never did that with my Para until I switched to STI for Para mags. And the plastic insert in an ICE magwell does NOT make it easier to extract the finger.

There are several reasons why S_I mags are more reliable than Para & y'all are talking about removing most of those reasons.

Good point Eric. I'd rather see SV quit advertising better moustraps, and just build a solid grip that maybe was already thinned and undercut maybe from a tougher material. I haven't heard a good reason for wider grip, less reliable mag shape or metal grip.

Just deliver a good product at a fair price in a reasonable, predictable time. Let's work on those goals first, shall we?

Here's the info I have from SVI. The new grip will be of aluminum. Fits existing guns. SVI is having some issues with new CNC software. They may have the new grip ready for SHOT. It will have some subtle changes to fit the hand better.

Nothing is going to happen with the 3rd Gen gun and mags until the out come of the national elections is decided.