Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Its done...

jostein jensen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i just joined the line too.... i was told it may take upto 5 months.

How can all you guys afford new custom guns?

Were in a recession and fast sinking into the abyss.

Don't you watch the news? :lol:

I saw a political debate the other night and discovered the sky is falling. :surprise:

well.. If I can afford it you guys sure as hell can. The gun costs me 3000+ USD. The export and import another 750 and Norwegian "more value tax" is another 25% on top of that.

So the Bedell is up to around 5000 dollars with all the shipping and taxes and fees.

Want me to keep on with bullet brass powder and primer costs?

Jostein,

Congratulations on your new Bedell. I have seen many fine examples of Dan's work and I'm sure you will be pleased.

There's no need to itemize your costs, It was just a poor attempt at humor.

You just have to understand that it's an election year in the U.S.

We have no shortage of politicians telling us how bad things are, but they have a plan to fix it.

Fortunately, all they need to set things right is my vote. :yawn:

I haven't put off any gun purchases just yet.

Fortunately for me I buy what I want, not what I can afford. ;)

Edited by 38superman

You just have to understand that it's an election year in the U.S.

We have no shortage of politicians telling us how bad things are, but they have a plan to fix it.

Fortunately, all they need to set things right is my vote. :yawn:

Now, first off I'll say I don't know the american system, but arn't they just voting on which party member they are going to run for president, and the main election will be later?

We get a LOT of the campaign mumbo jumbo from the US on international news here. Sounds to me their more interested in talking down the opponent than telling why and how they plan to fix a problem.

But we're drifting on politics, and I think its against forum rules :P

Jostein,

I too am in line to get a new Bedell blaster. My parts went off at the same time yours did. Too cool. Pardon my ignorance, but is Norway on the EU monetary system or some older standard. If you guys are on the EU, you sir, are a very intelligent man. Buying American when the dollar is down. Pure genius!

I can't wait till my 5 inch 9mm, stage killer, arrives. And sooner than I thought. Enjoy yours and when you make it out to New Mexico, USA, come shoot with us, we'd love to have you.

Take care.

-Mike :)

belive me, I'd love to take a trip to USA for some serious shootin :)

Its a bit difficult travelling to USA with a gun though... Like one more would make a difference! :P

We're not using Euro, as we're one of the few countries left in the western europe still outside EU. To be honest, they can go **** themselves. They only want Norway membership because of fish and oil.

On the other hand, Norwegian Kroners is very strong against the almighty, or.. at least it used to be, USD.

Two years ago getting a custom gun from the US wasn't possible at all. We now exchange 1 to 5.3-5.5 for a dollar, but it used to be around 8 KR pr dollar.

Edit for stupidity.

Edited by jostein jensen

I too have a bedell on the way but mine should bedone this week . The longest 4 months I have ever had.

With a little luck , next week I will be basting a new 5'' 9mm open gun.

Try not to think about your gun , It might go faster !! Like that is possible

dig the bodacious blue c-more w matching magwell. did Howard get you blue anodized +1's for that ensemble? I wanted dan or bob gun for so long, but the time I could afford a new one, the wait wasn't worth it to me. I found my brazos Pro 5, and Zerwas sitetracker to hold me over until I can afford a shorty steel gun and a 6" gun from either HSMITH, Venry, Derek, Dan, or a USSA gun.

mine came today and boy is it a shooter !! First 100 rds. and not even a burp. with mixed brass. With HSITH mags.

You won't regret ordering it .

Is the colored C-more distracting? I have a black one on order and have been thinking of getting a red one.

Anyone have experience with a red one?

the blue c-more hasent distracted me yet but I have only shot it 100 rds. untill tomarrow then I will shoot some more.

I never thought about asking about the blue +1 bases. O-well

Dan did a great job. Chuck was very helpfull, when you e-mail either of them with a question ,you will get a e-mail back .

Is the colored C-more distracting? I have a black one on order and have been thinking of getting a red one.

Anyone have experience with a red one?

I will when mine arrives......3+months away......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
gun is according to Chuck ready to ship from Dan tomorrow!

I'm totally over exited now! If I get some photos from Dan before it ships, they will be right up here!

That is awesome news!! Give us your impressions when it comes in!!

So sweet !!!

In one or two months i'm going to let a local gunsmith here in The Netherlands build one for me. The gun you have is so very close to the one I would like to get build.

Could you give us (me) a little spec sheet for the parts that are used. Not that i'm going to copy you, but i'm really interested in the parts used by Bedell. I read so much about him here on BE, his guns must be good ;)

I don't really know all bits and parts. This is cut'n'paste from ShootersConnections webpage as a general on the guns.

"KKM Match Button Rifled barrel Click Cmore, Slide Racker Lightened Slide, Stippled Grip STI Recoilmaster, Koenig Hammer Steel or Titanium Bedell Comp STI Slide, Magwell & Grip Safety EGW Sear,SC Slide Stop Aftec Extractor 38 super,comp,9mm SC Ejector, Extreme Disconnector All the Best parts at a great price! Custom Built by Dan Bedell Grip & Safety Area shaped for comfort Function fired 200 rounds Price is base price."

The "changes" I've made is the Swenson safety, ICE magwell, allchin cut up mount and a CR *thumb rest [generic]*. Thats simply looks and a tad personal adjustment. The rest I don't mess with, because Dan knows a heck lot more about what parts should be used than I'll probably ever learn.

ETSS can export one to you so you can get a Bedell yourself ;)