Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting to the range without...

-JQ-

Went to steel shoot last night...no wallet, cash, cc, ammo.

Had my pistol but no cash for ammo...I knew I needed ammo.

Don't feel bad, I used a half a vacation day to make a trip to the range to sight in a new pistol before shooting it at a match that evening. Drove a half hour to the range setup the chrono, target and setup my rig, that is when I realized the gun was still in the pistol rug in the safe.

hk_mtbr,

No buddies there to spot you some ammo? Jeeze that sucks!

I've seen a fellow competitor get to the range sans pistola. I had another gun and it's gear in my bag and offered but he was concerned that he put it on the roof of the car and it might be laying in the driveway or road :surprise: So off he went. Next match I inquired and it was still in his safe. :lol:

I had a buddy offer to cover costs and ammo but I needed to go Christmas shopping afterward so I didn't hang around. Also I ALMOST ran out of gas on the way home due to no $$.

Some days are better than others. I think I'll go back tonight and just shoot. I need to break in the new X5 anyway.

I arrived at a USPSA match fully intending to shoot Ltd -10... and found I had brought the right gun and ammo... but 8 mags which were 9 mm SS mags.

I managed to borrow a few to get me through.

I think shooters in general are supporting of each other in situations like that.... Just don't show up with the wrong shooting bag like my friend Wally did.... His bag was virtually empty other than about 500 brass cases.

The only gun and ammo he had was his carry snubbie and 5 rounds of ammo:(

Wife & I went to a match this fall. She forgot to get her production XD out of the safe. A friend of ours (thanks Duane E) lent her a Single stack .45, mags, mag holders, AND ammo. She fell in love with it & has been hinting to Santa (me) about Christmas.

Ain't it a great sport when someone comes through in a pinch. She loves to shoot & it would have been a 45 minute round trip to get her gun. The match started in 15.

Ed Sends