Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Carolina Tactical Invitational 3 Gun

The CPWSA adventure travel tab is funny as hell. I recommend everyone check it out for a laugh. And its so true.

The RO's and Sponsors were awesome. Without them these matches would not be possible.

Something tells me next year will have a bit different stage design to accomadate a schedule that allows completion in a day and a half or it may become a 3 day match.

I agree and also 'saw' what you 'saw'........ ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general I enjoyed the match. Certainly there's room for improvement, but that could be said any event ever held.

Specifically though, I liked the challenge of the long range rifle stages and hope to see more of this type here and elsewhere in the future.

CTI remains on my "must shoot" match list for next year.

Many thanks too, for the hard work of the ROs and match staff and for the generosity of the sponsors.

Mike

what did everyone think about the match in general?

Now I am not bashing the match and had a good time but did see areas for improvement.

Stage design needs work to allow completion just a tad bit faster and reset times need to go down to stay on a better schedule. The second day was a mess due to huge backups. Two and almost three stages got tossed.......thats a huge sign of problems. :surprise:

Scheduling was also weird and had everyone sitting around alot waiting to shoot. There was no fluid movement of squads. It was go here to this stage.....then back up to the other end of the range to that stage and such. We were all over.

Written stage descriptions would have helped minimize confusion as well. I saw and heard of alot of inconsistency.

Like I said......not bashing just offering constructive criticism for improvement next year. I still had a good time and met new firends.

what did everyone think about the match in general?

Now I am not bashing the match and had a good time but did see areas for improvement.

Stage design needs work to allow completion just a tad bit faster and reset times need to go down to stay on a better schedule. The second day was a mess due to huge backups. Two and almost three stages got tossed.......thats a huge sign of problems. :surprise:

Scheduling was also weird and had everyone sitting around alot waiting to shoot. There was no fluid movement of squads. It was go here to this stage.....then back up to the other end of the range to that stage and such. We were all over.

Written stage descriptions would have helped minimize confusion as well. I saw and heard of alot of inconsistency.

Like I said......not bashing just offering constructive criticism for improvement next year. I still had a good time and met new firends.

Good observations. I thought there was some very creative excellent stage designs that I believe with a better flow of squads through the match we could have still shot the all stages in a timely matter. RO's were really working hard to keep everything moving, so they really deserve a pat on the back. t was a challenging match that really tested the shooter.

I will be back next year and I encourage anybody that has not been to attend this match. However, don't bring birdshot for your shotgun( that was the lesson I learned) bring the heavy loads.

A big Thank You to the RM, MD, RO's and Sponsors....A great match! Long hot days-still trying to recoup and rest. Great to see old friends and meet new ones. I look forward to next year! Woohooo. :cheers:

The MD sent these to me and asked me to post them. Apparently I'm not allowed to upload this type of file (maybe no one can?) so this is the only way I knew to get them out. Go to the following link and download the files you want.

CTI 2008 Results

Somebody post here and let me know if this works. :unsure:

The MD sent these to me and asked me to post them. Apparently I'm not allowed to upload this type of file (maybe no one can?) so this is the only way I knew to get them out. Go to the following link and download the files you want.

CTI 2008 Results

Worked for me. Thanks for posting :cheers:

That Daniel Horner is a freakin machine. Hes like a little Robbie Leatham in the making. The next "Great One"

Him and Robbie represent the AMU well amongst the rest of the champions they've recruited. :cheers:

CTI 2008 Results

yea it works. thanks.

The CPWSA adventure travel tab is funny as hell. I recommend everyone check it out for a laugh. And its so true.

The RO's and Sponsors were awesome. Without them these matches would not be possible.

Something tells me next year will have a bit different stage design to accomadate a schedule that allows completion in a day and a half or it may become a 3 day match.

Yep you are right

Thats funny I don't care who you are. It was worth the look and remind me not to stay next to you guys.

Mike :roflol:

To prevent hijacking this thread, and to keep those pesky moderators happy <_< I've created a thread in the dealer forum. Please use this for any comments about Adventure Travel. The mod may want to migrate any associated replies in this thread to that one as appropriate. Here's the link for ease of access:

link to thread for CPWSA Adventure Travel comments

Edited by cpty1

I would also like to thank all of the RO's. They are a great group of people who stuck it out in the heat, rain, and backups.

I thought it was a fun match to shoot, but I was very disappointed that two stages had to be thrown out. Luckily I was able to shoot the stages. We were told that one was because a moving target broke. In a major match equipment malfunctions have to be considered, and other targets should have been on the sidelines to replace the broken one. The other one because to many people timed out.

I have been going for years, but might pass next year.

Another CTI in the record books, congratulations to all the winners of the 2008 CTI :cheers:

The match and the prize table cannot happen with out our sponsors; A special Thank You to our major match sponsors

Mike & Travis Gibson, and all Staff at MGM Targets

MGM Targets is the exclusive Match Sponsor of the CTI

All Staff at Sabre Defense Industries

And Our Stage Sponsors;

LaRue Tactical, DPMS Panther Arms, Armalite, Springfield Armory, Safariland, Speed Shooter Specialties, Pro Ears, and Blackhawk Products Group.

Thanks to Mil-Comm and Red Dot Shooting coming on just before the match. As well as O. F. Mossberg, STI, Bar-Sto, Sierra, Midway USA, Starline Brass and Brownell's Thank You for your support.

Thank You to all of the Range Officers, Staff and Set Up Crew that make the match run. Thanks to Travis Barfield and Harry Myer for some outstanding photos of this years match.

There will be a CTI Shotgun Championship held in January 2009 (Low match fee & cash pay back to the division winners)and the Next CTI will likely be July 25-26, 2009

Thank You

Mike Oberman

Match Director CTI