Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Good Day.

Flexmoney

Well, shot my first GM % today. Then went on to the next classifier and shot a D CLASS %. Now, I do have some good reasons for the D class. #1 Shooting a friends gun that I hadn't shot a round out of before. #2 The gun had a Dawson Ice magwell, jammed my fingers in there with mag, causing reason -> #3 After jamming my fingers, my strong hand moved up on the gun, and with the light thumb safety set up for a lefty, bumped the safety back on, come back up, "I know the triggers not that heavy. What's wrong?!?!" so I did the normal check to see what was going on, found nothing wrong and moved on. After finishing, started talking and deduced that I bumped the safety back on some how.

#3 After jamming my fingers, my strong hand moved up on the gun, and with the light thumb safety set up for a lefty, bumped the safety back on, come back up, "I know the triggers not that heavy. What's wrong?!?!"

Don't you shoot a 1911 - I assume it's a 1911 - with the shooting hand thumb riding the safety lever? In addition to being a more efficient shooting grip, it'll stop things like this from happening.

BJ,

Great shooting!!! Now, get back on your Glock!

As for who...I'll let them post if they like. The ink is barely dry on their score sheets.

Actually...whether they made it or not isn't too important. Thye both had a great time pushing the envelope. B)

I'm still waiting for two to hit, but IF I did the math right, I will be an open master next month.

I am listed at 84.2 right now, and after the first match of this month I should be at 84.9XXXX, yesterday's

4.98 el prez will come in in the mid-upper 80s, and IF I haven't screwed up my figgerin', then the M card should be mine.

Feels good, damn good indeed. 'Specially since I was limping around on a wounded knee and it seemed like every stage was an uprange surrender. (kinda hard on a sensitive right knee)

I think the hurt knee actually helped for the whole. I decided to call every shot (I know Benos, that should not be or need to be a conscious act) and move the best I could without re-injuring the knee. It worked.

SA

Congrats Steve! That's quick work with that open blaster. I've seen you shoot a Beretta and maybe someday I'll get to watch you smoke with that new noisemaker.

I'm the other shooter Kyle was talking about and the one that called him from out of state (Mississippi). Like Steve, IF all of my numbers and math are correct (I have three that are going in including what should be my first 100%'er on 99-10 Times Two), I should be getting my Limited Master card when they are entered and the system is updated. Sure, I could end up shooting one that will pull the average down and keep me from going in, or I may have done the math wrong, but I'm ok with it if I don't make it in at this point. I have shot 6 or 7 Master class classifiers so far, narrowly missed on a good many others, and at one point was 84.971% and 2nd A in the system (currently 83.717%). It's a goal and I'll be happy when I achieve it, but like Kyle said at the moment I'm having fun pushing the envelope and competing. I had a really good shooting day yesterday. Although I had some slip-ups and this was far from a perfect match for me, the competition was extremely tough and I had a blast.

Flex. Yes I also had a good day!

I'm a bit from Master yet, but I thinkI'll go from 72.??? to 80.??? with the 4 I shot this weekend. :D

I have shot very little with my limited gun, but have been doing the draws and reloads regimen from Matt B's Manual when I can, and that has helped. I had the confidence going into this weekend that I was ready and had paid my dues to have a breakthrough.

Some of my squad also shot exceptionally well, with Jason Jones starting out as a high A in limited when his post, and Todd Sindelar probably coming in about Master in open as well. That, plus watching John Benton rip off 2 100 percenters was "A Good Day."

The kicker: Now that I shoot a glock that shoots EVERY time I move the trigger I'm moving up! This is so much more fun when I can think about shooting; not whether or not the gun will run. :rolleyes:

Tom

Congrats guys, I hope you make it. Remember a few months back when 3 forum regulars were listed in the Top 20 A class shooters on the USPSA forum. As I recall, Erik Warren had some remarks about that situation. Ha, this ought to keep him quiet for a while.