Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 610 in competition

41mag

I just worked a deal for a 610. I have been wanting one for a while now to play with. My main guns will still be my 625's but I am interested in playing with a 610.

Very cool! Keep us posted here on how you like it and such.

Mines on the back burner again till I get another bullet ordered in to try.

41mag

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this has been asked before but I haven't seen it...I'm looking into a 610 for IDPA (have a lot of 40S&W brass but no semi to use it in). The adds for moon clip holders say that they are made for 45 ACP and need to be modified for 40 S&W. Should I get a 625 instead? What mods are needed? Is it worth the time and trouble?

Also, where do you get Rimz clips? This is the only place I've heard of them.

Thanks

Edited by chirpy

Maybe this has been asked before but I haven't seen it...I'm looking into a 610 for IDPA (have a lot of 40S&W brass but no semi to use it in). The adds for moon clip holders say that they are made for 45 ACP and need to be modified for 40 S&W. Should I get a 625 instead? What mods are needed? Is it worth the time and trouble?

Thanks

Brownells has the RIMZ moon clips.

My shoot the moon holders work just fine for 610 moon clips. I may have to tighten them up a bit, I have opened mine up a little.

Moonclips.com list some holders they say work with all N frame moon clips.

Edited by vrmn1

Thanks

chirpy,

I would get the 625. The brass is really not an issue. You can buy a couple thousand pieces for a hundred bucks or so and since your going to pick it up it will last a long time (long, long,long time).

They make clips that are specific to each caliber, no modifications required. The clips for the 625 are much, much cheaper and more robust.

The only mods you "need" (relative) to do is maybe a trigger job and chamfer the charge holes.

The 4" JM gun would be a good choice. You may or may not like the grips, but you will have the quick change front sight.

Your in the right place to ask, so ask away.

Hope you get the wheel gun. I know you mentioned IDPA but remember its all good! So give the other games a go too if they are available in your area.

Send all your 40 brass to me :lol:

good luck.

41mag

Thanks 41 Mag but I meant what mods are needed on the moon clip holders to make them work for 40 S&W (the adds say they are made for 45 and take modification to work for 40). Someone gave me 2000+ 40 S&W brass so I thought I'd get the 610 to use them.

Thanks 41 Mag but I meant what mods are needed on the moon clip holders to make them work for 40 S&W (the adds say they are made for 45 and take modification to work for 40). Someone gave me 2000+ 40 S&W brass so I thought I'd get the 610 to use them.

Your right, by bad. I should reread things! Since you are talking IDPA I can't help much. If USPSA I would say check out the North mountain and the Speed-E-Rack, maybe even the bladeTech, I know the first two are made for .40 cal.

Sell the .40 brass and buy .45. Don't let the brass decide between the 610 and the 625 for you. If you have other valid reasons for wanting the 610 thats cool, but just because you have a little brass shouldn't be the reason.

41mag

I use the TK custom moon clip holders. I think I bought mine either from tk custom or from Dillon. They work just fine for me. I'd been told my someone local that RIMZ may no longer be available for the 610. Could be rumor.. but Brownells had them last time I looked.. They were back ordered.

• 2 weeks later...
I use the TK custom moon clip holders. I think I bought mine either from tk custom or from Dillon. They work just fine for me. I'd been told my someone local that RIMZ may no longer be available for the 610. Could be rumor.. but Brownells had them last time I looked.. They were back ordered.

Just called Rimz...That is a rumor...Rimz is still making them for the 610..

just because you have a little brass shouldn't be the reason.

41mag

I found 8 pcs of .45 long colt brass at the last local match and have been looking for a gun to match ever since. :rolleyes:

just because you have a little brass shouldn't be the reason.

41mag

I found 8 pcs of .45 long colt brass at the last local match and have been looking for a gun to match ever since. :rolleyes:

Consider yourself lucky. Last time out I found .357 SIG.

Heres the deal.....if you already have a 625 then a bit of .40 brass is a perfect reason to get a 610! :)

41mag

I'm glad I left the 357 SIG brass lay there.

Funny, I used to leave 9MM brass at the range too until I got the 9MM AR ;) Shooting production and IDPA this year with 357SIG and I only have 2- 5 gallon pails of brass ;) half of what I have in 45 & 40.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Blade-tech makes some moon clip holders for 610's, 625's and 627's. Here's the link Blade-tech don't know if they are IDPA legal. Hope this helps.

Scott

The last time I looked at the online rule book for IDPA they had two pics of holders...one pic was of a legal holder and the other of an illegal holder. The one of the illegal holder was the Bladetech. That's all I owned at the time.

41mag