Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 6" JPL Thread

splashdown

OK, this should be my last post here. I finally had a chance to weigh the gun on an accurate scale and found the total package, without magazine weighs 37 oz. The reciprocating mass (including complete slide, spring plug, and bushing) totals 14.5 oz. That's a higher number than I wanted to see, but the most important thing is that it ballances right, it fits me right, and my scores have really jumped up. I'm hoping to make A class by the end of the year.

Weight and particularly slide weight doesn't mean ANYTHING, what matters is the front sight track. If the front sight tracks well the gun will be a lot easier to shoot than one that doesn't track as well. Good gunplumbers know these things while others lighten for the sake of lightening. Sounds like the gun fits you, you can't ask for more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
My number finally came up and I had a great conversation with John today about spec'ing my gun. It's pretty much based off your gun :D

~Mitch

Are you giving up on open and moving to limited now?

Bill

Since Adam's such a sandbagger and you're in B, I figure I'll take my chances in Limited ;)

Nah, just want another one. Turns out the parts for mine are the parts he ordered for Adam's gun before he decided open! JPL says it's still probably another 6 months away though. Just trying to queue up stuff i want down the road!

~Mitch