Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine match

I'm in - got a room booked for the night of the 9th at the "cheap" La Quinta ($55 vs $75).

Anyone interested in splitting gas & hotel costs (I live in Belton, TX)?

Jim, glad to see your lady will be making the trip and shooting with you - I'm sure she'll add some much needed class to the whole event.

Can't wait to try out the new JP / Meopta combo!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carbine Shooters,

If you're attending this match (or even if you aren't) and will be in town the evening of the 9th (Saturday) you're invited to join me (Doug Johnson), M Ammo (Jim Morris), and Mrs. M Ammo for dinner that evening.

We were thinking it'd be cool to meet some other forum members, have a nice meal, and talk shooting. We will meet at 7:30 on the 9th to allow those traveling into town a bit more time to check into their hotel and get settled. Location will be the Longhorn Restaurant (Steak House). Please reply here or shoot me a PM if you plan to attend. I'll call them a few days out and make sure we're straight on reservations. Hope to see you all there!!

Edited to Change Restaurant location. Address and phone data is posted below in this thread.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

FYI - Chili's has good food at that location. It is also where my truck - and several others - has been robbed during dinner and guns and computers stolen.

Merlin,

Yikes!! Can you recommend another, safer restaurant? Benny recommended Hooters, but there'll be at least one lady there so we wanted a less "controversial" location. We still have plenty of time to change the venue and we certainly welcome your local expertise.

Thanks,

Doug

Merlin, isn't there a "fish" place around there somewhere, I mean it is the coast.

BTW, Hooters is the clubs, registered supporter. Haven't you noticed that its in the club name, CBS hooters.

Trapr

Ok I had to read it twice,,,

But that was a good one,!!! :cheers:

With the amount of Conceal Carry.. at this event. busing in to cars will be a bad Idea..

Jim M ammo

Hello: You could also try B&J's Pizza on SPID if you like pizza and beer. They have over 300 different kinds of beer and about 10 different draft beers. Man it is making me thursty. It is by no means fine dining though, although there is a Tattoo shop next store ;-). Longhorn is good as well. Chilis is hard to get into at that time of night. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Thanks to our Corpus Christi buddies for the restaurant suggestions. If no one has any objections, we're going to change the venue to the Longhorn Restaurant (address and contact data below) - you just can't go wrong with a good steak. We'll still meet there at 7:30PM on the 9th. Again, if you plan on attending, please post here or send me a note so we can get our headcount straight. I'll take care of the reservations several days before the match.

If we get enough participation, I'll see if they can provide us with a separate room in the back. I know some places have these available for larger groups - any local guys know if that's an option at the Longhorn??

Longhorn Restaurant

4535 S. Padre Island Drive

Corpus Christi, TX 78411

361-853-5664

Hope to see you all there!!

Doug

:cheers:

I'll be there along with Mia (and 4/9th's).

Great idea Doug.

B

Kevin,

Glad that the 2.5 of you will be able to make it Saturday evening - the place is recommended by the local folks and their website looks pretty good too - lots and lots of meat!!

Are you shooting your 9mm SBR or a .223 for this?

Doug

Hmmm...I could do the match and drive in one day but it might be fun to go the night before.

Lee

Lee,

Come on down a day early buddy. You'll shoot better with a good night's rest instead of having to haul ass at 0'dark thirty just to get to the match on time. If you're interested in splitting a room, I've got reservations at the La Quinta on Sat night - halves would probably be $35 at the most.

Let me know,

Doug

Lee,

Come on down a day early buddy. You'll shoot better with a good night's rest instead of having to haul ass at 0'dark thirty just to get to the match on time. If you're interested in splitting a room, I've got reservations at the La Quinta on Sat night - halves would probably be $35 at the most.

Let me know,

Doug

Doug,

I just talked to the wife, and it got more complicated. Not in a bad way, just complicated. I'll send you a PM.

Hey, I'm unemployed. What's your excuse for answering posts in near-real-time? :blink:

Lee

Lee,

Let me know,

Doug

Doug,

I just talked to the wife, and it got more complicated. Not in a bad way, just complicated. I'll send you a PM.

Hey, I'm unemployed. What's your excuse for answering posts in near-real-time? :blink:

Lee

Lee,

Got your PM - pretty cool plans. Just let me know if ya'll can make it SAT night - it'll be fun.

Oh, the reason for my timely e-mails is called Leave. Haven't taken too much of that over the past two years and if I don't burn mucho days I'll lose it come OCT 1st. Truthfully, I'm a bit bummed - tried to chrono some loads a bit ago, but the overcast skies made it impossible. Ah well, there's always Dry-Fire!!

Hmm...I'm thinking about shooting this match. I haven't shot anything like this before, so it would be interesting. I'd be coming down from the Hutto / Round Rock area. Carpool would be nice!

Copperas Cove 3-gun this Saturday to try out your gear. I hope to make it. Likely Fullauto_shooter and M ammo will be there. Less pressure - you are not shooting against Benny and Kurt and Jerry. :lol:

Lee

Hmm...I'm thinking about shooting this match. I haven't shot anything like this before, so it would be interesting. I'd be coming down from the Hutto / Round Rock area. Carpool would be nice!

Copperas Cove 3-gun this Saturday to try out your gear. I hope to make it. Likely Fullauto_shooter and M ammo will be there. Less pressure - you are not shooting against Benny and Kurt and Jerry. :lol:

Lee

Too funny,,, :cheers: I’m no Jerry or those guys,,, Doug is pretty fast, and Sheldon B..,,

You will get a run for your money!!

Bring it on,,, I have lost to the best before! :goof:

Jim M ammo

:cheers:

I'll be there along with Mia (and 4/9th's).

Great idea Doug.

B

Kevin,

Glad that the 2.5 of you will be able to make it Saturday evening - the place is recommended by the local folks and their website looks pretty good too - lots and lots of meat!!

Are you shooting your 9mm SBR or a .223 for this?

Doug

9mm with a CompM. Should be fun. I hope there's no prone...I'll have to shoot laying on my side!

B

Edited by Brazos

PM on the way =I have a plan if you want to ride with me and Stuart and DaKota

Jamie