Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arrendondo Followers For Glock

Bucky

I was looking to here from anyone that has tried and or is using Arrendondo Glock followers? I so, what do you think? What configuration, i.e. tube, spring, base pad...

TIA.

Bucky,

I haven't tried the Arrendondo followers for a Glock, but have tried them for an STI and a Para. They didn't work. The rounds wouldn't come out and tended to go crosswise in the mag. It sucked. About the only things I use from Arrendondo are rollers in my mag pouches and a Mag brush. Their mag pouch rollers rock. The single-piece design is far superior imho to the two-piece design by the manufacturer.

Liota

Well Bucky, i was one of the first (in europe) to use these followers.

I used them in combination with the +3 (standard legal) extensions from Ralph.

The extensions are great, if you stil got the stock sightes at your glock.

After i got a bomarstyle rearsight melted in my gun didn't fit the box anymore.

The followers i still use in combination with extensions from B-E Johnson.

What i can tell, well.... they work. Haven't had any problems with them.

Greetings

Adrie

No personal experience, but I recently witnessed a Glock shooter have 4 or 5 malfs on a 12 rd stage. When I inquired as to what the deal was, he said the Arrendondo follower was the only thing different in his otherwise reliable Glock.

I bought a 5-pack of followers made by Tom Novak: handgunneroutlet.net. They appear to be OEM Glock stuff, modified by Tom on a milling machine. I'm very happy with them & they were cheap to buy. Ditto on his steel 1.25oz guiderod for the G35.

They don't add a round to either my 10-rounders (good!) or 20-round setup, but they do make seating either one easier. Stacks better when loading the mag. Supposed to add one round to factory 15 or maybe its the +2 setup.

BTW Arrendondo +5 pads & springs (but not followers) have also worked perfect for my G35. :huh:

dvc - eric - a28026

Liota: Bucky,

I haven't tried the Arrendondo followers for a Glock, but have tried them for an STI and a Para. They didn't work. The rounds wouldn't come out and tended to go crosswise in the mag. It sucked. About the only things I use from Arrendondo are rollers in my mag pouches and a Mag brush. Their mag pouch rollers rock. The single-piece design is far superior imho to the two-piece design by the manufacturer.

Liota

I have Arrendondo followers almost exclusively in both my .38 super and .40 SV tubes and they work very well. However, I also use his springs as well. I switched from the factory SV followers 'cause they would break often. Arrendondo's material/process is pretty tough. Sorry to hear you had troubles. I was thinking of trying one in the Glock 'cause they look like they might work in the Sherer .40 tubes without much modification. Otherwise, you have to really file down a stock Glock follower to get it to work and lock the slide back.

Thanks,

Bucky.

I have never had a problem with the Glock OEM followers in my Glock23. So have never seen the need to fix something that wasn't broken.

I agree and wouldn't change them in a stock mag. It's a pain getting them to work in the Scherer mags though.

-Bucky.

Ryucasta,

Actually I was, and I wanted to use the guts from the original mag. What is different with Glock Part #2183-1 than the one that came in my Drop Free G22 magazine?

Thanks,

Bucky.

• 2 years later...