Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian "Frazier" 38 Super Open

Joseph796

On Guns America there is a listing (976989662) for a Caspian "Frazier" 38 Super Open pistol. I assume Frazier is the smith who built the pistol. Has anyone heard of Frazier? If so, please comment on his/her work? Thanks.

Edited by Joseph796

Guys --- this pistol came from a collection of 160 guns that First Stop guns in Rapid City S.D. bought recently. Included in that collection were lots of custom built pistols and several SVI's including a loaded-with-every-option stainless Sight Tracker that was virtually brand new that I paid $1999 for plus $25 shipping. Boynty77 bought an SV Limited 40 from the same lot that I would bet was in like condition as mine. First Stop also has two SV single stacks (a 5 inch & a 6 incher), as well as a Brazos Pro SX Limited 40 (guy had a C-more installed & ported from Brazos) as well as many others. If Mark says it's like new, then it is! Since I was out of state when mine got to me, Mark gave me a 30 day inspection period, until I got home to see it, and offered a full refund if I didn't like it.

I have bought several guns from First Stop over the years and have never been disapointed with either the items or the service. I'd say buy with confidence! :cheers:

Guys --- this pistol came from a collection of 160 guns that First Stop guns in Rapid City S.D. bought recently. Included in that collection were lots of custom built pistols and several SVI's including a loaded-with-every-option stainless Sight Tracker that was virtually brand new that I paid $1999 for plus $25 shipping. Boynty77 bought an SV Limited 40 from the same lot that I would bet was in like condition as mine. First Stop also has two SV single stacks (a 5 inch & a 6 incher), as well as a Brazos Pro SX Limited 40 (guy had a C-more installed & ported from Brazos) as well as many others. If Mark says it's like new, then it is! Since I was out of state when mine got to me, Mark gave me a 30 day inspection period, until I got home to see it, and offered a full refund if I didn't like it.

I have bought several guns from First Stop over the years and have never been disapointed with either the items or the service. I'd say buy with confidence! :cheers:

Rich,

Thanks for the report!

Randy

Randy --- First Stop Guns is the first place I look when trying to locate "upper end" guns and they have a lot of 'em! Call or e-mail Mark so you can by-pass the other guys there. Mark isn't an IPSC guy so he won't be able to tell you much about the guns features but that can be a good thing when it comes to deals on 'em.

Flex --- I wish you would have seen the site about six weeks or so ago when First Stop listed all the guns that came out of this collection, there was truly some cool (and high dollar) pistols and some very unusual stuff. He had a single stack SV six inch barrel/slide that had the same type of ports/comp that SV uses on it's IMM gun complete with Docter sight that was a factory SV -- if it were anything other than a 45 I'd own it today, it was certainly one of a kind.

I have bought high end rifles & pistols from them and I am certain that Mark would refund in full if there was anything that you felt was unfairly or incorrectly described about your purchase. Mark said the Sight Tracker I bought from them was "as new". In fact, I don't think it had ever been fired except at the factory.

I'm not certain about that Frazier-built pistol, but if Mark says it's "as new" then my experience with them tells me it is. Does it look like some cheesy add ons were used? Absolutely. I'd be ditchin' that magwell & sight system though! :surprise:

Honestly, this pistol looks a LOT better than some of the crap I've seen at asking prices far higher lately. I wouldn't pay $1900 for that setup, but if the slide fit is right and the barrel is fit properly, it would be an OK gun at the right price. The bugaboo is going to be the hole pattern for the scope mount. Doesn't look like a standard pattern.

Hammer looks suspiciously MIM. Mag button is not drilled, so there's an extra $50 you'll have to spend. My guess would be that you'll have to replace the entire fire control system save for the trigger, but that's not too scary. If you have to pay much more than $1200, it's really not worth the effort over buying a "finished" gun. I have no idea what someone was thinking mounting an optima that far forward.