Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Web Hosting Service Goes Toes Up!

Nolan

The company that hosed, er hosted my HoserCam website has closed it's doors and is preparing for a permanent dirt nap! Right now my email service is down but my website is still up, but who knows for how long. Damn, and I paid a year in advance. I've called my credit card service to see if I can get a refund (fat chance), but worth a shot.

Funny thing is their website is still up and the links still work to purchase hosting service! I found another website that is trying to start a class action lawsuit against the company.

Class Action Lawsuit

The deceased:

FeaturePrice Web Hosting

I'm looking for a new Web Hosting service, any suggestions? I saw one called BE-hosted.com, but it's no relation to our host.

Hi Nolan,

I looked at BeHosting for a client of mine, but we went to a custom Apache server that a friend of mine runs instead because of customizable features that BeHosting couldn't provide. It's a good cheapie alternative. A very nice lady (who's name I cannot remember now) runs it out of some place in Ohio (I believe). It's all e-mail, and browser based control to keep it low cost. I actually spoke to her once after her daughter answered the phone (she wasn't supposed to answer "that" phone) and went and got mommy for me. It looks to be a good option for about $20 bucks a month (but it didn't work out for my clients needs).

http://www.behosting.com/

I am sure that Matt's hosting is a good option, but know nothing of it (I will rectify that soon).

I manage a number of sites running on Earthlink's PeachTree servers using their "Starter" business web hosting option for $24.95/month (plus some piddly little service fees). This level of service from Earthlink gives you the following feature set; POP Server, CGI, Shopping Cart, 24/7 Phone Tech, Browser Based Control Panel that does everything you usually need. I am happy with the level of capability, and support this package provides.

Regards,

Thanks to all for the information.

I'm looking at Globat.com, 1 gig disk space 37 gig transfer limit for 7.95 month or iPowerWeb 500 meg disk space 35 gig transfer limit for 6.95 month.

My boss recommended Globat because he knows some of the people running the business.

I would like to keep it in the family so to speak, but Matt only offers 100 meg disk space. I plan to put up lots of video and eventually a couple of sub domains, so I need lots of disk space.

Right now I'm going looking for Globat or iPowerWeb hate sites. I should have done that with FeaturePrice. Oh well live and learn. I just hope I can get my hosercam domain name back. It seems they are holding everybodies domain names hostage. When I registered my domain name through them, they registered it in their name not mine... and I didn't check. Now the SQL servers are down so I can't get to the control panel to change anything.