Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun class?

TannerB

I plan on shooting USPSA, and I was curious what class I would be in, depending on how I set my gun up.

Gun 1= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights

Gun 2= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights, Threaded Conversion barrel to 9mm

Gun 3= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights, Conversion barrel to 9mm (4 internal ports)(Lone wolf)

Gun 4= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights, Conversion barrel to 9mm (4 internal ports, 2 external ports)(Lone wolf)

Gun 5= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights,Threaded Conversion barrel to 9mm with comp. I know this would be open class.

Im trying to decided which barrel to order, I think if I order just a threaded conversion I could shoot in two classes by taking off the comp. Correct?

Thanks guys

Class refers to the shooter skill level, GM, M, A, B, C, D. The equipment you use determines what Division you are able to shoot in.

Production division has the most restrictions as far as gun. You can change barrel, but must be same caliber, contour, weight, etc. So you can't take a G35 and put a 9mm barrel on it and shoot in production. You could shoot in Limited or L-10, but then you would be shooting for minor score.

Forget about buying all the equipment at first and just go shoot. Talk to the people at the club, I would recommend taking that money and buying a good holster/mag pouch/belt setup and shoot in Limited/L10 or Production to get your feet wet. With your G35 and no magwell, you can shoot in 3 divisions if you wanted to.

Agree with HoMiE, shoot what you have in L-10 and see what is going on first. After a few matches you will have a better idea of what you want to shoot. It is cheaper to spend the money on what you really want the first time than it is to buy the wrong thing and take a hit selling it.

If you are planning to shoot USPSA and you have a G35 or are going to buy a G35, run the G35 as-is until you figure out how things actually work.

Forget about mag wells, and alternate barrels, and threaded barrels, and anything outside of the basics. Like homie suggested stick with the basics, and extra money can be put to buying a decent kydex holster and mag pouches.

Talk to guys at the matches. Learn from the folks in your area.

Learn to shoot. After a year or two, then look around and see if you want to change anything.

Keep it simple and by doing so you will be able to shoot in Production, Limited, or L10

Gun 1= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights

Mag well takes you out of Production. You are OK in Limited, Lim10, or Open

Gun 2= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights, Threaded Conversion barrel to 9mm

If threaded portion sticks out past the end of the slide, the extra length puts you in open. If you maintain the factory length, it should be the same configuration as the Glock 9mm (34?), and thus Limited legal.

Gun 3= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights, Conversion barrel to 9mm (4 internal ports)(Lone wolf)

Ported barrel puts you in open

Gun 4= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights, Conversion barrel to 9mm (4 internal ports, 2 external ports)(Lone wolf)

Ported barrel puts you in open

Gun 5= Glock 35, trigger job, dawson ice, adj. sights,Threaded Conversion barrel to 9mm with comp. I know this would be open class.

Open

Edited by wide45

If you are planning to shoot USPSA and you have a G35 or are going to buy a G35, run the G35 as-is until you figure out how things actually work.

Forget about mag wells, and alternate barrels, and threaded barrels, and anything outside of the basics. Like homie suggested stick with the basics, and extra money can be put to buying a decent kydex holster and mag pouches.

Talk to guys at the matches. Learn from the folks in your area.

Learn to shoot. After a year or two, then look around and see if you want to change anything.

Keep it simple and by doing so you will be able to shoot in Production, Limited, or L10

Can I get an amen ?

There is NOTHING wrong with that G35 as it is. Twice I have been one shot away from a perfect score at indoor Glock matches with a G35. Every one above has hit the nail on the head... Go shoot that thing!! Go play and have fun, then after you settle in and want to make changes go ahead, but please, the main thing is to have fun and do the best you can. You are starting off with a solid platform.