Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case Sorter

FlFlash

An open question to all interested... We're working on a way to sort .380 from 9mm. We're considering an aluminum plate with the same slot pattern that would sit in one of the existing shell sorter pans. Since it is aluminum and is machined, it would be somewhat costly, probably around $16. We have a prototype, and it works well. If you would be interested, please let me know, we're trying to gauge interest before we do this.

Jeff

jeff@shellsorter.com

Jeff,

I just ordered a set, based upon reviews in this forum. Glad to see you've been picked up by Dillon as well.

Since you can take the .380 from the 9mm, how about a way to take .38 super / comp out as well??

That, and have it make coffee and you've got a deal!

TimE

Locally I see .38 Super (several varieties), 9x21, and 9x23 that I would like to separate from the 9x19, with 9x19 being the shortest case in my world.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my shell sorters the other day. a 5 gallon pail of mixed 9mm and .40 and .45 took about 1/2 an hour. a pail of 9 and .40 took about 15 to 20 minutes (mostly 9mm). I also resorted all my clean 9mm to get those nasty .40's that made it through my hand sorting. a surprising number of them.

I've been thinking about grabbing one of those stand up vibrating belt things that you see advertised in workout mags and such. you know you stand on the platform, put the belt on and turn the machine on and it shakes the crap out of you? put one of those around a 5gal pail with the sorter tray on it, and just dump the brass in. emptying the tray when need be. then when the bucket is full, go to the next size tray and repeat.

if I'm sorting a small amount of brass I leave the 3 trays nested together, fill the top one, shake, put it aside when down, grab the next one, shake and repeat. I really like how it sorts the rocks and dirt and debris out of the brass too. I'd Dremeled a Midway media separator to allow .22 cases to fall out and had been using that with my brass for a long time. these trays work much better.

Thanks for that great review!

An open question to all interested... We're working on a way to sort .380 from 9mm. We're considering an aluminum plate with the same slot pattern that would sit in one of the existing shell sorter pans. Since it is aluminum and is machined, it would be somewhat costly, probably around $16. We have a prototype, and it works well. If you would be interested, please let me know, we're trying to gauge interest before we do this.

Jeff

jeff@shellsorter.com

Jeff,

Just tell me where to send the money!

I don't see much .380 around my neck of the woods, and don't shoot it either. but I bet it would sell (just judging from the replies here). Did another bucket of brass last night with a buddy. the only thing that took a long time was the nested 9mm and .40. I bet if someone could setup a good agitator system, most of those would bounce out pretty quick too.