Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vista and Explorer 7

Anyone shed some light on this issue for me? I'm not sure if this was happening with my old XP pro and Explorer 7 too so it may not have anything to do with Vista and/or Explorer 7.

when i look at a forum not just BE's, you can see the lastest post on the right before entering the Thread Topics but when i enter that one is no where to be found. Hit F5 for a refresh and there it is. Let me explain another way in case that made no sense. If I click on the relaoding link open and i see a new comment on the .40 section when i click into the .40 catagory to see it the new one may or may not be there until i refresh the page. It is not that they just posted it either if the time is correct.

I have also notice a post i have read the evening before then the next morning it says it was posted "today"

I do close out my broser between visits.

I'm currently running Vista Business and IE version 7.0.6000.16546

Thanks

Have you checked to make sure that the local-time setting on your profile matches your local time?

(Edited to add: I'm using Vista Enterprise and IE-7 and have not had that problem...)

Edited by bgary

Have you checked to make sure that the local-time setting on your profile matches your local time?

(Edited to add: I'm using Vista Enterprise and IE-7 and have not had that problem...)

All right, be honest, Bruce who works for Microsoft. Don't you have a copy of Virtual PC installed secretly running some flavor or other of linux as a guest machine? :rolleyes:

Try this.

Open Internet options. On the General tab, click the settings button on Browsing history. Under Check for newer versions of stored pages, select Automatically.

That did it. i figured it was something simple. Thanks

secretly running some flavor or other of linux as a guest machine

ROFLMAO

B (I actually *do* have a machine running Ubuntu at the office, but... that's just so I can torture a helpless lab-rat from time to time)

Try this.

Open Internet options. On the General tab, click the settings button on Browsing history. Under Check for newer versions of stored pages, select Automatically.

That did it. i figured it was something simple. Thanks

cool. BTW, I eat Apples :lol: