Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The term Combat Accuracy

North

DP:

Reading that post just made me think of some of the Tripple Canopy and Blackwater guys i ran across while in the "Sand Box". As i was reading it i could se them in my memory and was lMAO!!!! Plese dont think that i am bashing them as a whole.... but some of them had me wondering!!!! Most of them are pretty squared away guys!!!!

I ran across a few myself, more Dyn and BW. In every group there are those that can, and those that don't really have the skill set to get in the club but think the cool gear will get them in the clubhouse. :rolleyes:

as a retired ___________________ (reserve fire fighter, but insinuate you taught the D-boys to shoot) I can honestly say the ___________ would be the ultimate in offensive handguns.

I represent that remark. I am a retired volunteer fire fighter and I can shoot shotgun hulls at 25 yards with a combat accurate handgun as well as about anyone...

Edited by Ron Ankeny

I can shoot shotgun hulls at 25 yards with a combat accurate handgun as well as about anyone...

Nice to read it ... I and my training buddies always end a training session with this accuracy game: SG hull on a stick @ 25m, common firing line, you take one step forward and shoot the hull, then (if you miss) step back, it's next guy's turn. With 4 people, it doesn't normally take more than 5/6 shots in total to knock it down, ant the winner gets free drink after packing.

My definition of combat "anything" is simple.

The gun fires when the trigger is pulled and the bullet goes where the sights are aimed.

I personally keep an XD-9 handy.

If that's not enough firepower to defend my bedroom, I guess I'll have to use the claymores. :rolleyes:

Tony

Edited by 38superman

as a retired ___________________ (reserve fire fighter, but insinuate you taught the D-boys to shoot) I can honestly say the ___________ would be the ultimate in offensive handguns.

I represent that remark. I am a retired volunteer fire fighter and I can shoot shotgun hulls at 25 yards with a combat accurate handgun as well as about anyone...

I've seen your groups, I'd bet "better" than most is more accurate. :cheers: I Was teasing the gun scribes who phony up creds instead of bein' able to shoot, not Benos members who can kick my ass. :cheers: But you probably already knew that. :rolleyes:

I actually found a review of a Limited Gun. It isn't that bad, and the Pistol is Purdy.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_revie...707/index1.html

Got to love those 17 round 140mm mags with a Dawson +1 pad on it. :goof::lol:

Shooting Times USED to have some great, instructional stuff about IPSC. There was a great dual article written about Open and Limted about ten years ago about what gear and load would get you in the game. It was great.

Edited by dirtypool40

Ok i have a question.... it may be a little off topic but since we are talking about writers and magazines here is where i will ask. In 99 when i left for Bosnia there was a magazine called "Gun Games". Anybody know what happened to it? When i got back home eventually in 05 no one knew what the hell i was talking about at the mag rack at Barnes and Noble.

PCC-1 It folded, I thought it was a great magazine that covered all aspects of competition shooting. I am not interested in skeet, bench rest, or some of the other sports they reported on. However, I found myself reading about them and learning.

They covered people like the Mandrel sisters, Roy Rogers, Carl Malone, Aaron Tippit, Ted Nugent, and many other famous folks that enjoy gun games. (sorry if I butchered the spelling of someone's name)

Maybe someone will crank up another magazine someday that will be a credit to the industry.

Buddy

Edited by buddy_fuentes

yup, it folded about the time they were going to publish my first Swingle Stack article on Heinie's match.

Looking back I wonder if I would have made it out of B class if they had used it? :unsure:

Just kidding, good mag, usually had a celeb on the cover, nice slick and glossy, like the Euro mags you see all over Book-A-Million. They were also going to sponsor our little FL Single Stack and then...... *poof*

DP:

Of course we both know shotgun hulls at 25 yards are perfectly safe from anyone shooting the typical gun writer's combat accurate pistol. That's why I think I can hit them as well as anyone around, lol.

Ron, I reckon you're right. :cheers:

Edited by dirtypool40

This thread brings to mind an article I just finished reading in the only "gun rag" that comes to my house - the by product of my membership in a BIG gun club.... Anyway - it contained an article about written about a gun that (besides a huge and long list of flaws) was rated as a good buy and "worth the money" blah blah blah. SOS that you find in regular gun rags.

How Frigging disappointing to read this crap in my favorite magazine. .