Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am enjoying my revolver again!

vrmn1

What made you stop enjoying it?.

I got a little burned out on them.

I shot them so hard getting ready for area 6 that I needed a change.

I shot my first match June of 06, made B in ten months so after area 6 I tried lim 10/lim for 6 months.

I'm going through my "seasonal burn-out" phase that happens this time of year, when the big matches are all over with. My answer for the past couple years is to hang the revolvers up (for the most part, anyway) and play around in other divisions. I shot a charity match a few weeks ago with my STI Limited gun just for kicks. If I make it down to the local match this weekend, I'll probably take my XD and play around in Production. Later on in the winter I will start to focus on shooting my single-stack 1911s at local matches (I really don't have time to practice, I pretty much do all my shooting at matches), to begin the process of getting ready for the Single Stack Classic in the spring. By the time I get the wheelgun back in my hand after that, it will be like meeting up with a best friend I haven't seen in awhile. Keep things fresh, y'know?

So anyway, vrmn1, I know what you're saying.

By the time I get the wheelgun back in my hand after that, it will be like meeting up with a best friend I haven't seen in awhile. Keep things fresh, y'know?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of weeks ago we several guys decided to see how many revos they could get together for a monthly match. I heard about it and decided to see if I was ready. I had a blast. We had 9 revolvers show up by the way. I finished third.

Then this past weekend my hunting plans feel through so I shot a steel challenge match and shot my best ever score.

I feel right at home again.