Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Being Able to Shoot

Jack Suber

Had knee surgery last week. Doc says if I give him 5 weeks of no impact (running, cycling, shooting), I will be as good as new. Saturday, I took my son to Palmetto Gun Club so he could shoot. That is the first time in 12 years that I have been to a match and not been able to shoot. I sat in a chair and kept score. Drove me nuts! Think I will try to play on plate rack this Saturday while John shoots the match. At least I can do so while standing still.

Ohhh! And then there is the meltdown of my Gamecocks. Did anyone see Darren McFadden run through South Carolina? Unbelievable!!! He's the real deal. I hope he goes Pro this year. I want him out of the SEC.

Man I feel your pain.. well my pain that is. I just broke my back a couple of weeks ago after shooting my 4th USPSA match. I just had my MRI and CT scan last Friday and been waiting to hear from the dr's what I'm in for. I'm hooked and I can't do a thing but tinker in the garage w my guns and read these forums.. A year of dryfire practice down the drain. At least the 550 is getting plenty of action. I'm going to order some gunsmithing dvd's and books, and just learn as much as I can about the guns, and the fundamentals of the game. I will try to spectate and see what I can buy cheap as Christmas is coming. I imagine the rehab on your knee will be speedy. good luck to ya!

I hope you get better soon. I'm also down for the count, elbow surgery on weak arm 2 weeks ago for chronic tennis elbow (been figting it 3 years). I'm one handed for 2 more weeks, so I can't even reload. Probably won't be shooting again until at least Feb. The good news is that I purposefully waited until the season was winding down.

Been there, last June had knee scoped. By week 6 I was in pretty good shape but wore a ace knee support for about 6 months after that when shooting just to make sure I didnt stress it. I shot a match at week 10 and I wa about 85-90 percent of what I was before surgery. Now a year later that knee is fine and the other needs the scope. <_<

Had knee surgery last week. Doc says if I give him 5 weeks of no impact (running, cycling, shooting), I will be as good as new. Saturday, I took my son to Palmetto Gun Club so he could shoot. That is the first time in 12 years that I have been to a match and not been able to shoot. I sat in a chair and kept score. Drove me nuts! Think I will try to play on plate rack this Saturday while John shoots the match. At least I can do so while standing still.

Ohhh! And then there is the meltdown of my Gamecocks. Did anyone see Darren McFadden run through South Carolina? Unbelievable!!! He's the real deal. I hope he goes Pro this year. I want him out of the SEC.

How much impact does shooting do without the running? If you can shoot the plate rack you can always mosey between shooting locations. :)

How much impact does shooting do without the running? If you can shoot the plate rack you can always mosey between shooting locations. :)

I am going to give it a try tomorrow!

Hey Jack,

I know it's tough to have to sit out matches due to medical issues.

I tore up my leg at the Fla Open last year and couldn't compete for 2 months.

Take the time to dry fire, load ammo, standing target practice.

You will come back stronger than before.

As for your Gamecocks, all I can say is I never used to worry about it when I saw them on our schedule.

Now I do.

McFadden and Jones are the real deal.

I really hope McFadden wins the big trophy.

We were fortunate our defense kept them under control and we managed to sneak out of Fayetteville with a win.

Now if we could just find a little more offense........

War Eagle

Tony

Edited by 38superman