Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is One Scope Mount Better Than The Other..

eerw

Been looking for a scope mount..between the STI, Limcat, Dawson, Allchin, Brazos..anyone have any input.or preference why you like one over the other....they all are single sided, made to mount the slide ride or railway c-more..

but there some difference in pricing.

thanks..

eerw,

I currently have the Dawson "blast shield" version and it works great. It is sturdy, low and a quality piece. The blast shield is concave, larger than most and does not block your view through the scope. I have a 5" barrel with 2 ports and the C-more lens stays relatively clean.

I also considered the Brazos offset mount that claims improved ejection but I have never had an ejection problem with regular mounts and did not want to deal with the offset.

Leo

I'm not all that familiar with the individual models you mentioned, but I feel it is worth mentioning to avoid aluminum, unless you like your dot ringing like a bell while you're shooting!

I use a Limcat, cause that's what he put on my gun!

I thought all those mounts were made from aluminum..

anyway..thanks...I'll look at the Dawson with the blast shield...

shootergrl..anyway you could send me a photo of the limcat..

anyone..bad or good on the allchin mount ???..is it one sided??

shootergrl..anyway you could send me a photo of the limcat..

I will send it, when I get home tonight!

And here it is, sorry about the quality, I don't have a digital camera - this was done on my scanner :o

Kats_gun.jpg

This is Limcats oneside steel mount. I think he's got one now with a blast shield.

I haven't used any so I can't add much to this discussion, but Brownells does have the Allchin model on closeout. It's on sale for $79.95 with dealer price being $59.00. Below is the propaganda about it from Brownells:

Lightweight, Rigid To Hold C-More

Provides a fully supported base for the C-More sight. Mounts on the dust cover; Uses C-More hole spacing with two additional holes for increased support. Single side design helps eliminate ejection interference. Angled front deflector shield protects the sight lens from blast residue on comp guns. Drilled and tapped to accept the C-More Glock slide-ride mount and Weaver-style rail mounts. Gunsmith fitting recommended.

SPECS: Aluminum, matte finish. 4.5" (11.5cm) long. 1.7oz. (48gm) weight. Includes screws and instructions.

I have the STI/Allchin mount on my open blaster. I like it, but if I had to do it all over again, I would buy the Allchin mount from Brownells. I just think the integrated blast shield is cool!

Ray C.