Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nice to meet all the BE'ers over the weekend. THS, Nik, Steve. I know I missed some of you at the Fishing Stage. It was a fun match with some stages that tested your memory and "The Plan" once you got started.

Congrats to Phil for pulling off a great win! Hope to see many of you at FGN in a couple of weeks.

Oh, and by the way Erik, we got the word from Rudi that he is building an STI open gun! The big dogs better watch out for the Austrian Cowboy.

:D Oh yea the pasting thing. At times we did get a little slack about doing that, sorry. I was the one that had the mag fall out just as I was about to start shooting through the window. Figured that cost me about 3sec and that one mike I could make up because I ran dry. Thanks for working through all that heat.

A great match and a good time! Got to meet Phil Strader and Nik Habicht, and hang a little with Matt Trout and his crew.

I shot fairly consistent the first half of the day, then got fatigued and made some errors.

(I went to the line with a 32 shot plan on the platform stage, KNOWING it was 30 and I was engaging one twice, just didn't know which one. :))

Had a foot fault on Carraher's corner, a mike on the bbq stage, and just plain shot tunnel rat too slow. Those shots weren't that hard once you saw the targets around the no-shoots, they just seemed hard due to the positioning. A guy on my squad shot it strong hand only from the right side in 50-odd seconds... :)

I won a bunch of GT target stands, and an STI grip in the raffle. I'll either sell it or use it as a walk thru prop...

Later,

SA

It was great meeting you too Jon. Was cool meeting TRN & IPSCG34 too. :D

The Fredericksburg crew hosts some great matches, even their monthly matches are awesome. And those RO's worked their butts off, it was an oven out there. :blink:

What a COOL match!

I met a few new BE'ers, including IPSCG34, his Dad TRNinVA, Nik, RKooi, JLHardy and GMW2B as well.

Overall I think it was well run and pretty challenging. I shot Friday, and we waited for a shower to move through so we did not have to use bags either. I hate BAGS on targets. I shot a huge percentage of A's, and only 5 D's in the whole 205 round match. I was happy with that, except I was a little too conservative and probably should have pushed things a little harder. Overall I was 69.???%, which isn't too bad, considering.

Reviewing the HoserCam footage has been enlightening too. I was choppy and mis read a few stages, and moved prroly too. Now I know where to work!!!

Thanks to everyone who worked the event, and congrats to Chris, Phil, and David.

I hope you all come the Va\Md sectional in October. Last year it rivalled the Blast!

Tom

This was a fun match. Nice to meet THS, IPSCG34 and GMW2B. B.J. and Sterling, along with the rest of the RO staff really worked their a**es off and I want to thank them. The half day format is nice. 10 stages in about 3.5 hours keeps you moving. If you are shooting good you stay in your rhythm; if you are not shooting good, there is no time to dwell on the stage you just completed as it is on to the next.

I shot way too tentatively and moved like pond water on a couple stages. I think the RO on Tunnel Rats had to kick me out of the tunnel as I was still hunting for a target I thought I had missed seconds after my last shot! 2 mikes, 2 no-shoots(one of the popper variety) and some times well off the pace sunk me in the standings but I had a Blast(pun intended.) Thanks to Larry Houck, Linda Chico and the rest of the staff.

• 7 months later...

Jon, You have no idea how many miles that plaque has on it. We carpooled with Larry out FGN, where he picked them up. We forgot to get them out of the truck and they rode in the back on my Dads truck until mid late Oct, early Nov. Once Larry got them I guess he stuck the box they were in off in a cornor of his loading room and didn't find it until he cleaned the room out..... I'm sure he's sorry it took so long.

Anyway, I think we can start a new thread about this years Summer Blast.

No complaints from me. I was kind of tickled that they gave a plaque so far down :o . It's even has my name on it. Thanks for your work toting them around.

As far as this years match I'll be there shooting open.

You might want to do some more digging in the back of your Dad's truck no telling what's back there. :lol: