Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How does my grip look in this vid?

aggunner

are you actually shooting a .22 in the backyard!? :surprise: Yowza...

Anyway, your grip looks fine. What's your left thumb doing? Is it resting on the frame or dangling out there in never never land.

As taught by Max and Trav, I put a piece of skateboard tape on my frame where my left thumb sits. It's more of an index point than anything else, and helps to make sure my grip is locked in. YMMV.

are you actually shooting a .22 in the backyard!? :surprise: Yowza...

Anyway, your grip looks fine. What's your left thumb doing? Is it resting on the frame or dangling out there in never never land.

As taught by Max and Trav, I put a piece of skateboard tape on my frame where my left thumb sits. It's more of an index point than anything else, and helps to make sure my grip is locked in. YMMV.

maybe....

and my thumb is always in contact with the gun, not putting pressure on it, but it's on there.

What do you see when you're shooting?

I can't see much from the vid on whether the grip is good or bad.

My suggestion though is to check your grip with slow fire. That video proves to me you can shoot fast. It doesn't reflect a good or bad grip, it shows you can pull the trigger fast.

If the sight is tracking good then your grip is good.

J

• 3 weeks later...
What do you see when you're shooting?

I can't see much from the vid on whether the grip is good or bad.

My suggestion though is to check your grip with slow fire. That video proves to me you can shoot fast. It doesn't reflect a good or bad grip, it shows you can pull the trigger fast.

If the sight is tracking good then your grip is good.

J

i can watch the front sight lift out of the rear sight and then settle. I squeeze again when the sight "settles"

As cool as the .22 video is, it is almost certainly illegal to discharge a firearm within your city limits. There is a good reason for that law. As evidenced by some of the previous reactions; it isn't safe. Shame on you!