Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Confession

SRT Driver

After shooting primarily Production for several years (and getting fed up with rule changes/discussions/rulings), and recently selling my Open gun, I bought a 625 to get back to where I started and to have fun again. I started shooting USPSA with a S&W M14 with full wad cutters in '00.

So..my local club had a charity match for a member who had had some major health problems within the past year. I thought to myself "shoot the 625." Cool..I had worked up a load that made major and would get the holster that morning. "Let's have some fun" is what I told myself even though practice with it was nil, dryfire is difficult without a holster, and after working 13 hrs the night before.

I had forgotten so much. Reloads were hideous, stage planning is from another planet, prepping the trigger (..how does that work?) but the hits were decent. And it kind of came together towards the end. Next time don't pull the clip holder out with the moonclip!!! <_<

Results. Won 2 stages but I got my a** handed to me by 11% (with all due respect to the winner who is a great Cowboy shooter and does well with his 625).

And FUN it was. It was for a good cause. The shooting was a bonus.

I have a reborn respect for Revo shooters again.

Now if I can just figure out how to reload this thing.... :blink:

Glad you had a good time. It is all about being able to divide by 6. As for the reloads, they will come in time (I keep telling myself that)

Edit to add: I see ZHUNTER spending more and more time in the revo section. Are we soon to have another convert :)

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Now if I can just figure out how to reload this thing.... :blink:

Actually, a very good question. Anybody have a link to a how to?

There are, if memory serves.

I reload the same way Tom Mainus does (I'm a south paw too)..I just have to practice and break the "bottom feeder" tendency. :lol:

and get the sexy glove!!! ;)

I had forgotten so much. Reloads were hideous, stage planning is from another planet, prepping the trigger (..how does that work?) but the hits were decent. And it kind of came together towards the end. Next time don't pull the clip holder out with the moonclip!!! <_<

If it was a California compworks, I dremel a groove in the back clip & tie wrap under the belt.

If it was a California compworks, I dremel a groove in the back clip & tie wrap under the belt.

I also put velcro on the back of the holder so it sticks to the under belt.

I see ZHUNTER spending more and more time in the revo section. Are we soon to have another convert :)

I think Z is overseas again. He's probably reading everything on his I Phone to keep some sanity.

He'd look awful funny with that new shirt of his and a wheelgun on his hip! Not that I'd mind a new convert, no matter what he's wearing (we've all seen Cliff's skirt...)