Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training Drills at Indoor range

Glshooter

Unfortunately in the suburbs where I live the only place for me to practice is at the indoor range. Outdoor ranges are pretty far from me. I actually have to travel at least one to two hours for every match. My practice is limited to dry fire and indoor ranges where I can't draw from a holster and can only use 1 lane. Any suggestions for drills I can do in my limited surroundings? Thanks, Dave

your screwed,,,,,,,,, :lol:

Feel your pain though,, guess to me 1-2 hours isnt that far. depends on where you live and what your used to. I was in a similar situation and felt like I would never improve with out a practice facility so I bought some land and moved. Course right after that the army stuck me in Hawaii anyway, My local indoor range was the same no draws no rapid fire, The staff knew me and wernt that concerned it is the retard that sees me do it and trys to copy they are worried about. If I was in the bay alone , IE lunch time, week day off days, I could do what I wanted in a lane, couldnt move around though.. Draws and reloads can be effectively practiced at home If the range doesnt have coniptions about rapid fire get the targets with 4 4 or so circles, practice 2 , 2, 2 2 in different patterns. I'd also invest in a quality airsoft gun and set up a mini range at home somewhere.

GIshooter,

For sure you should be about the best strong and weak hand shooter in the area and if not...why? Can you shoot double taps? Place pasties at least at 4 places on the one target and simulate (US military does not pretend) multiple targets. Practice picking up the pistol both weak hand and strong hand and as Rocket says your only limitation is your mind. There are scores of things you can do.

Busyhawk

SGM ®

http://glockfaq.com/targets/competition/ipsc.pdf

http://glockfaq.com/targets/competition/pepper_popper.pdf

Print out a bunch of these 1/3 and 1/5 scale targets, tape'em up as far apart as your target backing allows and work on transitions, shot calling, strong hand, weak hand, etc.

Edited by CDRODA396

Unfortunately in the suburbs where I live the only place for me to practice is at the indoor range. Outdoor ranges are pretty far from me. I actually have to travel at least one to two hours for every match. My practice is limited to dry fire and indoor ranges where I can't draw from a holster and can only use 1 lane. Any suggestions for drills I can do in my limited surroundings? Thanks, Dave

I have the same constraints at my local indoor range with the addition of no rapid fire. One thing I found that helps is to bring a timer with a par time set and a delayed random start time. I do 1 shot timer drills from the low ready and from the gun laying on the lane thingie. Unless you are alone in the range, the recorded time is useless but it does let you get some first shot under timer "pressure" training in. It is a good way to practice your table draws!

Later,

Chuck

New guy here..... I shoot outdoors, but some times stop at the indoor range for a quickie or to test some change on the gun, etc.

Play with the targets a little bit, I find the following helpfull and fun to represent hard cover, no shoots etc.

Try folding the targets over and taping them on their selves. As below.........

ipsc-half.jpgipsc-slant.jpg

ipsc-22.jpgipsc-nc.jpg