Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wrong primers shipped, what now?

burntcrispy

I ordered 20K small pistol primers earlier this week and just received 20K LARGE pistol primers. The invoice shows that I ordered the small but I guess the guy packing the box made an error. Anyone ever have to send primers or powder back? What will be involved? (ie, UPS, Hazmat fees, etc)

Thx.

You ought to see if not only will they make your order right but maybe they'll sell you the large pistol primers at a good price. It would save them the hazmat & shipping back, plus get you a good deal. If they were a good enough price, you could sell them to your friends or whatever. Might be worth asking, anyway. They are going to be out at least $40 in shipping fees & so forth, if they discount them more than that just to make you happy & save themselves trouble, you could probably get your money back quickly on the large pistol primers. Just a thought, anyway.

MLM

I'm sure you're not the first one this has happened to. Powder Valley will probably have a solution.

FYI, it was several years ago, I had to overnight ship ammo to a match I was traveling to. UPS wouldn't take ammo unless it went ground but FED EX would. The funny thing is, when I was at the FED EX center I told them I needed ammunition across the country in two days. He started to do the paperwork then asked, "these aren't hand grenades, are they?". I laughed and said no but that started me thinking. I asked him if I could ship hand grenades. He said yes, they just have to be shipped in a wooden crate.

So the moral of the story is..... Anything is possible.

, "these aren't hand grenades, are they?". I laughed and said no but that started me thinking. I asked him if I could ship hand grenades. He said yes, they just have to be shipped in a wooden crate.

Should have asked him who is shipping hand grenades. Those things have real difficult to get lately.

Spoke with Powdervalley this am. They are sending my SPP immediately and will send me some paperwork to fill out so that they can have UPS pick up the LPP later. They were very pleasant to deal with and gave me no hassle at all. It's nice dealing with smaller companies that actually care about their customers. I'll gladly do business with them again.