Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stopping shooter in multigun stages ?

StealthyBlagga

Scenario: A multigun stage involves shooting the rifle first, then safely grounding the rifle and switching to the shotgun to complete the stage. A competitor starts shooting, then a squib bullet lodges in the bore. The competitor is about to fire another round when the RO tells him to stop shooting as the gun is unsafe. Instead of stopping, the competitor grounds his rifle in the approved (safe) manner and grabs his shotgun to complete the stage.

Question: In your opinion, was it OK for the competitor to finish the stage ? If the RO insisted that the competitor stop without completing the stage, would the competitor get a reshoot even with the stuck bullet ?

Scenario: A multigun stage involves shooting the rifle first, then safely grounding the rifle and switching to the shotgun to complete the stage. A competitor starts shooting, then a squib bullet lodges in the bore. The competitor is about to fire another round when the RO tells him to stop shooting as the gun is unsafe. Instead of stopping, the competitor grounds his rifle in the approved (safe) manner and grabs his shotgun to complete the stage.

Question: In your opinion, was it OK for the competitor to finish the stage ? If the RO insisted that the competitor stop without completing the stage, would the competitor get a reshoot even with the stuck bullet ?

I was one of the ROs on stage 2 at the MGN when this happened. The problem arrises when the competitor tries to continue to fire a weapon with a possible squib. If the RO stops the shooter, then the course of fire is over, 5.7.6.1 applies and the stage is scored as is. If the shooter realized that he had a squib and grounded the weapon before the RO gives the Stop command, he could continue on to the next part of the stage.

If the RO gave the Stop command as above, and the competitor did not stop, I think a DQ is in order.

I was one of the ROs on stage 2 at the MGN when this happened. The problem arrises when the competitor tries to continue to fire a weapon with a possible squib. If the RO stops the shooter, then the course of fire is over, 5.7.6.1 applies and the stage is scored as is. If the shooter realized that he had a squib and grounded the weapon before the RO gives the Stop command, he could continue on to the next part of the stage.

If the RO gave the Stop command as above, and the competitor did not stop, I think a DQ is in order.

If the RO issues stop and there is no bullet in the barrel it's a reshoot. If there is a bullet in the barrel then no reshoot. I agree with a DQ for ignoring the RO. You MUST stop when commanded.

Edited by JThompson