Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Precision Rules.

jimbob_texas

Just loading up some ammo, got 2 primer tubes filled, and settling down to reload. Got about 2 bullets into it, when I met some extreme resistance on the decapping/depriming stage.

Just pull harder on the handle.

Uh-oh. :blush:

Bent the decapping pin about 75 degrees south. Oops. They're hard to straighten out. Result? Decapping pin stuck in the decapping...um...cap.

Dillon support to the rescue. Dave at Dillon took about 15 seconds to diagnose and pull up my information. New part is in the mail.

Why can't every company be like Dillon?

NEVER "just pull harder on the handle". The last time I did that I had 75 primers go off next to my right ear. A big ball of fire came at me and pieces of my 650 shot into the ceiling. :surprise:

Darren

Just loading up some ammo, got 2 primer tubes filled, and settling down to reload. Got about 2 bullets into it, when I met some extreme resistance on the decapping/depriming stage.

Just pull harder on the handle.

Uh-oh. :blush:

Bent the decapping pin about 75 degrees south. Oops. They're hard to straighten out. Result? Decapping pin stuck in the decapping...um...cap.

Dillon support to the rescue. Dave at Dillon took about 15 seconds to diagnose and pull up my information. New part is in the mail.

Why can't every company be like Dillon?

Edited by ExtremeShot

if the pin broke when you tryed to straighten it ? it has a tiny hook in it now . just use a small punch and tap it back through the cap. I use the edge of a screw driver and roll it untill I can find the hook and pop it back through.

Oh and rob one off another set of dies if you have to.

Dillon continues to impress me. Even when the dumbass was me they still gimme a break and take care of the parts.

If Dillon has what I'm looking for I don't even bother going anywhere else. With Midway giving less and less incentive as far as the Bday discount etc, and Dillon stocking more and more products I start and stop at Dillon.

I broke one off with a piece of backstop rubber in the case. Yes, I check my brass better now. Thank dillon there was an extra in the goody bag. Had to cut the old one off with the dremel. And forcing the handle is bad... very bad. :o

• 1 month later...

Dillon continues to be fab vendor: It's well known that my SDB goes through Magazine Orifices (#14003) fairly quickly, and I just installed my last one in stock last night... and called Dillon today to order a bunch. Now, they'll usually send a small packet of three for free but I ended up ordering 20 of them so I won't have to bother Dillon for 'em all the time and so I could actually PAY for them without seeming greedy. The part usually retails for $1.05/ea but Dillon only charged me a mere few cents apiece for them in the end. At that rate, most of the cost was shipping, but the orifices were virtually a giveaway after all. Wow. B) Thanks, guys!!

:rolleyes:

If it won't go.....just force it!

It works for me when I have to arrest people, sometimes they don't want to go, so I just have to force them to go.......................to jail.

Yup, like that! Good shooting with you in the Artic Circle last Sunday!

abs

It's funny, a good shooting friend of mine today noted that customer service and support in the shooting sports is fantastic. All the vendors on this forum I have dealt with have been great. Companies like Dillon help make this sport what it is today. :cheers:

• 4 months later...