Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Masterblasters in stock?

Kevin Kline

I tried the last several days to order MB bullets (either 9mm 147's or .40 180's) and keep getting a message saying they are not available. Are they just catching up on production or (hopefully not) going out of business? Anybody hear anything?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Before everyone starts bagging on the guy, look at it from his perspective. His costs on raw materials have gone up so much that he could hardly have been making more than $10 to 15 per thousand bullets. Actually I doubt it was much more than $10.

At some point in time, you've got to pay the mortgage and you've got to eat, regardless of how much you love the business.

Before everyone starts bagging on the guy, look at it from his perspective. His costs on raw materials have gone up so much that he could hardly have been making more than $10 to 15 per thousand bullets. Actually I doubt it was much more than $10.

At some point in time, you've got to pay the mortgage and you've got to eat, regardless of how much you love the business.

I certainly agree with making a profit but couldn't a price increase have been an option? All the other bullet mfgrs are increasing their prices to cover costs. Sh#t goes up, that's life, I'll bet there were other extenuating circumstances that probably are none of our business.........Just my 2sense

I had talked with Tom weeks before he went out of business...he told me he was about 90% certain that after he processed his last batch of lead...that he was going to pull the plug. He listed off a number of reasons as to why he wanted to get out of it....dealing with the USPS was a main reason (the "flat rate shipping" thing has become a major headache for the USPS and apparently they like to make everyone else suffer), raising cost and difficulty to acquire lead was another issue...and lastly the "health" problems of processing lead in general.

the last order i had placed with him led us to some conversations and, like steve said, the usps wasn't being very cooperative as some shipments had been lost in transit. even if he would insure everything how much is the hassle of dealing with them worth? it is too bad that he is gone but that's the way it goes...

I dont hard any hard feelings or anything bad to say, it just would have been nice to know ahead or at least answer an email and say something. Sorry to see them go, I started shooting his bullets about 3 months ago and have loved them. They were going to be my sole source for 2008, but I'll have to look elsewhere.

Anybody had experience with Precision out of Texas?

Comparable performance to MB's?

I ordered 9mm and got a reply back they were on a 6wk backorder!

I like poly bullets, anyone got a source for any others?

Peace

I bought 2k about 5 months ago. They shot great, but smoked a little with Titegroup and 231. Don't use a fast burning powder, it will burn the base and cause more smoking. They have gone up in price quite a bit, I think I paid $40 per k . I liked them and I probably would buy more, but I found a dealer that was willing to sell me 10k FMJ for only $3 more than what precision are charging right now.

I have no problem if the guy decided to shut down the business, but no notification or communication to his loyal customers with advance notice or a "thanks for the business" (heck, not even a note on his webpage) shows a certain lack of class. (this coming from someone who bought at least 15K or 20K rounds of MBs, plus Tom's used/abused personal Limited gun, in the last few years)