Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE in OREGON

In the latest newsletter from the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club (ARPC) there is mention of our first ICORE match.

Seems as though the ARPC has gotten the ball rolling and has joined ICORE.

First match is Saturday November 3rd at 1PM.

There’s also going to be a little two stage "teaser" after Speed Steel on Saturday the 20th of October at 3PM, free if you shoot Speed Steel starting at 9AM.

Congratulations on getting an ICORE match up and running. Sure is fun and I'm sure your club will grow fast. Now get everyone to join and come to the IRC. Remember a gun goes the member that brings in the most new members per year. Hope you win.

Can you shoot a S&W 686 6 1/2" 44 mag? Is the 120 PF the only thing? What do you need to shoot? Does this give me another excuse to go out and buy more stuff to shoot? :D

Edited by HoMiE

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize, haven't gotten back to this thread.

Can you shoot a S&W 686 6 1/2" 44 mag? Is the 120 PF the only thing? What do you need to shoot? Does this give me another excuse to go out and buy more stuff to shoot? :D

I believe you can shoot a 686 or a 44 Magnum. There is a power factor (not sure what it is, I'm just the hired (free) help for the match). You're gonna need your revolver, holster and some speed reloads. The match is six stages, I'm figuring on bringing 300-rounds of 45ACP for my 625, but don't think I'll even shoot half that. It's a great excuse to buy more good stuff.

Sounds like we're going to have a pretty good crowd. Couple USPSA grand masters and IRC top-dogs are supposed to show, as well as all us lay folk. Well, somebody's gotta be slow to have the fast guys be fast. :D

I apologize, haven't gotten back to this thread.

I believe you can shoot a 686 or a 44 Magnum. There is a power factor (not sure what it is, I'm just the hired (free) help for the match). You're gonna need your revolver, holster and some speed reloads. The match is six stages, I'm figuring on bringing 300-rounds of 45ACP for my 625, but don't think I'll even shoot half that. It's a great excuse to buy more good stuff.

Sounds like we're going to have a pretty good crowd. Couple USPSA grand masters and IRC top-dogs are supposed to show, as well as all us lay folk. Well, somebody's gotta be slow to have the fast guys be fast. :D

\

ICORE PF is 120

I'm going to miss the inaugural match. :(

What does the schedule for future ICORE matches look like?

From ARPC Newsletter...

These matches will tentatively be scheduled on the 1st Saturday afternoon of each month at 1:00pm on the north range of ARPC.

...If this shooting sport is an interest to you, please call Paul Johnson at 541-928-6976 for further information.

I'm going to miss the inaugural match. :(

What does the schedule for future ICORE matches look like?

From ARPC Newsletter...

These matches will tentatively be scheduled on the 1st Saturday afternoon of each month at 1:00pm on the north range of ARPC.

...If this shooting sport is an interest to you, please call Paul Johnson at 541-928-6976 for further information.

Thanks.

This is going to be fun. On Saturday, shoot IDPA in Eugene in the morning, shoot ICORE in Albany in the afternoon.

It is a tight schedule, but I think I can manage. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Dates for the matches are going to be the Third Saturday of each month 9AM, but check the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club calendar and/or call the match director before making the trek. Some of the months the third Saturday gets consumed by "bigger" events so do check.

As of right now we're good to go for the third Saturday in April (the 19th) at 9AM

The match director is Paul Johnson, he can be reached through the ARPC website.

The match on Saturday only had six shooters; small, fun and done before lunchtime :cheers: Gene and Doug were both there, so the best any of us could really hope for is third place (I cam in fourth).

I need to be paying more attention to this site/thread, getting the info out. :rolleyes:

If you like send me an e-mail at ch139ATnetscape.net (change the AT for @) and I'll keep your e-mail address on hand to send out reminders on the matches.

Hope to see you all out there sometime.

-Chris

Edited by JTR

The Dates for the matches are going to be the Third Saturday of each month 9AM, but check the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club calendar and/or call the match director before making the trek. Some of the months the third Saturday gets consumed by "bigger" events so do check.

As of right now we're good to go for the third Saturday in April (the 19th) at 9AM

The match director is Paul Johnson, he can be reached through the ARPC website.

The match on Saturday only had six shooters; small, fun and done before lunchtime :cheers: Gene and Doug were both there, so the best any of us could really hope for is third place (I cam in fourth).

I need to be paying more attention to this site/thread, getting the info out. :rolleyes:

If you like send me an e-mail at ch139ATnetscape.net (change the AT for @) and I'll keep your e-mail address on hand to send out reminders on the matches.

Hope to see you all out there sometime.

-Chris

Hell with third place, I was going for 1st ;)

Thanks to Paul & Chris for their effort in getting ICORE going in the area, hopefully more will start showing up to the best Wheelgun party in the area :cheers: