Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heinie sight sets

striker spring

I had a set of Sevigy competion sights they were very nice. I would like to try a set of Heinie Slant pro's or should I go with the Heinie Straight 8's ?. I have another G34 top end that I want to put them on. Any Info on the Heinie sights from people who have them?. Is the rear sight hard to install. Thanks

I have Heinie's on both my 24 and 35 I love them. I am using a Dawson F/O front.

I plan on putting the straight 8's on my 17 for carry when the nights on it now die.

They go in very easily.

I have a ported barrel so the dawson F/O is out ot the queston. It just gets to dirty from the blast from the ports. I am just going to go with a plain black front. Who has the best prices for the Heinie sight sets or should I just order them right from Heinie?.

I got mine from Brownells because I get the dealer price with them but they are probably about as good a place as any.

Nothing wrong with the plain black front I used them on both my guns but I like F/O.

Is this going to be a carry weapon or a competition gun? Reason I ask is the white dots on the straight eight NS arent really big enough to see for competition. You would be better off getting the slant pro with no night sights. That is unless you just have to have the NS

g10

Thanks.I am going to only be using the gun at the Range. I think the slant pro will be the better sights. I do not know to much about the heine sights I guess the straight eights are the Night site.

They are actually called straight eight slant pro night sights, the only difference in them and the slant pros is the NS part and alot morer money. Go through brownells and you will get a better price than with Heinie direct

g10

I have plain Heines sights on all my Glocks, and have installed at least 25 other sets. The rear can be type, but I have never filed either sight or dovetail, just a drop of oil on each side and keep pushing. A more common problem is the front sight that will not fit snug in the slide. It's best if the front can be tapped in with a small gunsmith hammer. The other thing is I use Permatex #2 on the threads instead of Locktite thread locker and have never had a problem. If you remove a Heine rear and install it on another gun it will usually be loose enough to have to drill and tap the rear with a set screw..