Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Disabling grip safety

kmca

As easy as it is to "sensitize" the grip safety action, (by trimming the tab and relaxing the spring) so the slightest pressure makes the gun ready to shoot, I have never understood the reasoning for disabling it.

Grip safety????? Oh you are referring to the :wacko::wacko: the tab I remove off every 1911 I own so that it will actually shoot when I press the trigger with my fat hands...

Grip safety????? Oh you are referring to the wacko.gif wacko.gif the tab I remove off every 1911 I own so that it will actually shoot when I press the trigger with my fat hands...

I dont care who you are, now that's funny !

But I also completley agree with Treble plink, I never had any problem tuning them to function and release, Corse I am saying that as my current gun's doesnt work got a little carried away and took too much off.

I grip mine so high that I actually push above the pivot, and tend to disengauge it. I want the grip that I want, and I don't want to worry about that stupid safety. Before I pinned it, I used cheap masking tape to keep it down.

The question has been answered. If anybody has any more to add, or ask, about the rule...let me know.

Until then, I am going to shut this one down. We don't need another religious war on whether or not to disable the grip safety.

CLOSED.