Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Green Screen Material

gotcha

We recently screened in a porch. The material was ordered in from Home Depot. It came in a roll...4ftx100ft, IIRC. The stuff we got was probably too tight a mesh to be good for walls (it would still catch some wind on the range), but you could get just about anything.

This stuff wasn't carried on the shelf. My buddy found it online...maybe at the HD website...then went in and ordered it. The HD guy didn't know he could get it, but we had the product numbers to show him and informed him he could. :)

We recently screened in a porch. The material was ordered in from Home Depot. It came in a roll...4ftx100ft, IIRC. The stuff we got was probably too tight a mesh to be good for walls (it would still catch some wind on the range), but you could get just about anything.

This stuff wasn't carried on the shelf. My buddy found it online...maybe at the HD website...then went in and ordered it. The HD guy didn't know he could get it, but we had the product numbers to show him and informed him he could. :)

Yep I found it....it is nothing more then Sun Shade Screening.

Thanks Flex

In Sweden we use the net that construction workers cover the building scaffolds with in the summer time, when they need to keep spray from plaster or other repair work debris from falling down on the surrounding area. It comes in black, blue, red, orange or green colors.

Powerclad is one make.

I have looked at various varieties of the sun shade at a garden supply place (they don't stock it but have a sample book) and the 50% screen seems to be about right for walls. Good visibility yet still enough "there" to be a barrier.

Of course this was all done witha 6" square swatch and me holding it up to the light inside. They didn't really want to order me less than a mile of the stuff so I didn't order any. I did find it online though at http://www.gemplers.com/groups/shade-cloth.aspx

I haven't ordered from them yet but plan to shortly once I get the wall frames built out of my scrap lumber and figure out how much I need to get.

My local Lowes offers it by the foot for solar screening in the garden department by the frog ponds.

The stuff they used in France at the EHC was pretty dense-- maybe 80%, but with the mistral winds we had (gusts to 40+), they had to anchor it really well anyway.