Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heroes

BritinUSA

Got home tonight to find that delivery guy had left the Heroes DVD from amazon.com on my doormat. It contains the first season along with the usual bonus features and an unaired 'pilot'.

Just finished watching it and it's interesting to see how much the direction of the series changed from the original premise. There are no spoilers here so feel free to read on.

There are many scenes in the pilot that were used for the flashback scenes or from the first 'formal' episodes that were aired. There is an entirely different thread revolving around the cause of the explosion that was to tear apart New York. The tone of the story is much darker in places and had it continued in this vein it would have become somewhat predictable. All the main characters are there; but it's presented much the same as many other TV series, kind of formulaic in nature.

What's amazing is how the creators turned this around to create something so original as Season 1.

Edited by BritinUSA

I am glad someone bought this DVD. I personally like the series but don't know if I am going to by the DVD. Would you mind doing me a favor? When you see the cheerleaders Dad with the pistol, pause the video and check it out. It looks like an open gun without the red dot. I couldn't tell for sure. Let me know what you think.

TG

I am glad someone bought this DVD. I personally like the series but don't know if I am going to by the DVD. Would you mind doing me a favor? When you see the cheerleaders Dad with the pistol, pause the video and check it out. It looks like an open gun without the red dot. I couldn't tell for sure. Let me know what you think.

TG

It's an SVI IMM open gun with iron sights.

120px-Gun_eden_sylars_cell.jpg

Right on. Thanks. I thought it was cool that whoever was in charge of getting the props for the show went with something a little different. It would have been really easy to use a Glock or something like that. Looks like it might even have a magwell on it. Thanks again.

TG

• 1 month later...
My favorite new characters are the twins...but how many different ways are they going to get separated?

Maybe a spoiler, don't read highlight if you don't wanna know....

I think soon enough their gonna get separated from their brains based on next weeks preview....

Hell I didnt think the Illusionist girl was going to get killed so quickly ............ I believe we are in for a whole new string of murders by Sylar.

I suspect that the reason that Sylar could not incorporate her powers is that she was not the one creating the illusion, or she may have just created the illusion that she is dead. It also appears that the Irish girl that Peter has hooked up with may have some powers of her own.

My favorite new characters are the twins...but how many different ways are they going to get separated?

Maybe a spoiler, don't read highlight if you don't wanna know....

I think soon enough their gonna get separated from their brains based on next weeks preview....

Maybe it will be the other way around...

In the second episode of the new seasion, there was a quirky scene with Maya and some old woman that was telling her fortune. She was holding Maya's hands and said something like "You have the power (or evil) to kill the devil himself!!"