Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 40 4" or 5"

VeryBadshot

this thing needs an extra inch.

-and an owner who's not color blind.

redmp2.jpg

I gotta ask, what is the purpose of the stippling on the side of the trigger guard? Seems useless to me, and not very attractive to look at! Is there an advantage to it?

I gotta ask, what is the purpose of the stippling on the side of the trigger guard? Seems useless to me, and not very attractive to look at! Is there an advantage to it?

This pistol has had so many different stippling and re-stippling patterns during its life so that there are remnants and relics of earlier uses and treatments of this particular gun.

No advantage to it on the side of the trigger guard, but no disadvantage either. I like the underside of trigger guards stippled sometimes, and it was more aesthetically pleasing back then to continue it up along the sides a bit.

Id say you found one of the lesser unattractive parts of this pistol to notice!;)

Current MP9 sight radius is 6.4 inch's. Add .75 and you end up with a 7.15 or so sight radius. Current MP45 has a 6.8 RIGHT NOW. What do you all think of this with lighter loads? I asked this on the M&P forum as well. I too really want a M&P 40 with the 5 inch as well.

Edited by 98sr20ve

• 2 weeks later...
A very good inside source told me the 5" guns will be released end of Jan/beginning of Feb 2008. The 9mm will be released first.

Do you think they meant "released at a show" or "sold to the public". I called S&W a week ago and the guy on the phone said the 5 inch would be presented formally at the 2008 Shot Show which would be Feb 2-5. Very sad as I want it released for sale NOW. They are busy with the next in the M&P line which is some sort of 45compact.