Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Hate Liberals

TBF

I hate it when someone decides something must be taken away from someone else, "for their own good". Actually I hate people who use this phrase when talking about anything other than animals or children...................Travis F.

I hate it when someone decides something must be taken away from someone else, "for their own good".

I agree!

When music, books, movies and other things that aren't copacetic with Pat Robertson and the Republican party line are always being scape goated I am very proud to vote Libertarian.

I was annoyed when the left blamed firearms for Columbine and just as annoyed when the right blamed Marilyn Manson and a lack of School Prayer for it. (Can't we just hold people responsible for their own friggin actions :angry: )

We never win (the libertarians) :( but I atleast I don't vote for one of the parties that "REALLY believes in freedom" (except for a couple of things that they don't think you should be free to do since they know better than you. <_< )

dammit... I'm going into my libertarian rant mode. Please forgive me. I most certainly do not mind the bashing of liberals (really I don't)but every time I hear a liberal bashing going on I can't help but wonder if there is implicit message of conservative moral superiority. It stunned me when people who relentlessly lambasted Clinton for saying "I didn't inhale" thought it was perfectly reasonable for Bush to say "I haven't done cocaine... in 15 years" ....huh...wha....?

Like I said... I'm just in rant mode... please forgive me.

I've been sick of the "for the children" card for a long time, and both political parties play it whenever they can.

I think that I actually heard someone say on TV - "We need to fund Alzheimer's research for our children "

:angry:YOU F***ER!!!!!! :angry:

"For your own good" and "For the children" (among many other excuses) are used by people labelled liberals and people labelled conservatives.

We gotta put you behind bars for having that mary-gee-wanna residue in your ash tray; it's for your own good.

We gotta throw you in the clink for having that bayonet lug on your rifle; it's for the children.

Preach on, Dowter. I'm all for more small-L libertarian rants and ranters. Now if only we had some small-A anarchists...

OK, I guess I need to hate more than just liberals, I am always looking to broaden my horizons. Just seems like liberals want to take more, conservatives want to censor more. I just want to shoot more, and be left the F alone..........Travis F.

In the end, it just sucks to have someone do something to you that you don't want. It sucks even more if it's really obvious he only does it for himself.

I love Mills' theory. Do anything you want, as long as it doesn't hurt others. And "hurt" should be taken with a grain of salt. Physical pain or intentional psychological abuse. Those are the limits. For the rest, do as you please.

Happy shooting.

Björn

• 2 weeks later...
It stunned me when people who relentlessly lambasted Clinton for saying "I didn't inhale" thought it was perfectly reasonable for Bush to say "I haven't done cocaine... in 15 years" ....huh...wha....?

It's pretty straightforward. What makes one okay and one not is that one is a lie, and the other is a man telling the truth despite the criticism it's sure to invite. One is the act of a person of low character, the other is the act of a person of high character.