Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting glasses

scribble

I am looking for a pair of shooting glasses that do not defeat the purpose of hearing muffs. I am currently shooting with Oakley half jackets but the bows are so thick that they seem to rub on my ears and also seem to loose some of the hearing protection. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions??

I am looking for a pair of shooting glasses that do not defeat the purpose of hearing muffs. I am currently shooting with Oakley half jackets but the bows are so thick that they seem to rub on my ears and also seem to loose some of the hearing protection. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions??

I use molded ear plugs, I shoot a ported Open gun and they work ok for me.

I'll be following this thread!! My wife won't wear electronic muffs. Likes them, but the

pressure on the bows on her Wiley's give her a headache. Oakley's aren't any better.

I wear titanium framed prescription glasses---the bows are FLAT. Maybe .035" thick.

If someone made a wrap around style with the flat wire frame type bows it would

probably work great. Any suggestions?

Look at the Decot Shooting glasses. They have a wire frame and are excellent glasses.

Decot's are nice shooting glasses, but I haven't seen a model that offers much in the way of

protection from the side. I know that you can get clear side shields, but would prefer a wrap

around style of glasses.

Sun Busters. They have thin earpieces and don't "rub" from the earmuffs. Plus they are thin enough that the foam pads on the muffs close up and you get good ear protection to what the muffs actually do.

My good friend Mark Young sells them he can be found at DIXIEPRO.com

Seems like Chris Patty has them too now, and Max Michell has had them in the past.

the set I like is $100 for 4 colors of lenses 1 set of frames and a foam case.

Tell Mark Sam sent you!

Hopalong

Or look around and see if you can find an old style Oakely M-frame. The earpieces were much thinner. Unfortunately, the frames had a tendency to break. I think I sent mine (got the original around 15 years ago) in for warranty repair twice. The second time they returned the (then) newly designed frame (with my old scratched lenses <_< ).

The old ones were much more comfortable under muffs.

I have same problem. I have Oakley half jackets XL. Please let me know if you have solution for that. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

In the past, both on my Wiley and Rudy Project I used to remove the plastic sleeve from the bows, leaving them barebone.

This made them thin enough to bring the discomfort to a bearable level.

Or, you might try Sordin earmuffs and their silicon gel relpacement ear pads; the advertising reads:

The Silicon Gel pads really shine when you use the ear protection with shooting glasses, as we usually do. They mold themselves around the arms of the glasses, improving sound protection and preventing pressure of the glasses against your head.

Nowadays I switched to Sensgard ZEMs and never looked back: all the noise reduction of a good earmuff, plus the comfort of earplugs.

Edited by Skywalker