Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dogs

tightloop

Nemo. I agree with you 100%, but the end result of those parents and owners is what drives us nuts in the world.

When I was little we took our Boxer everywhere possible with usfor several years. Dogs don't give a damn about their yard and a ball when the option is being with their owner IMHO. However the Boxer didn't go into stores or anywhere else he could be in physical contact with other people without them approaching us. He'd be left in the car if it was nice, or I'd have him on a leash in the shade somewhere. It took a lot of effort to do it right.

Reminds me how much I like Boxers. My sister's Boxer guarded my niece in her crib from day 1 and has followed her everywhere possible for the last 12 years.

I assume TL is talking about taking action against a dog attack in Petsmart, not just coming in contact with a dog. Petsmart encourages you to bring your dog into the store and not expecting to come onto contact with a dog in Petsmart is kind of like not expecting to see animals in a zoo. So far I haven't seen any aggressive dogs in Petsmart, but stupid people are everywhere, so it's smart to be aware.

NO....no dog attacks anywhere...just tired of seeing people treat dogs like they were human and expecting all the rest of us to act like they were human and accept them also...doesn't work like that...It goes against social norm and the people are too blinded by their fervor for their animal friends that they cannot see it...It should be remembered that Humans should not have to be inconvenienced in any way in what is normally a human atmosphere, by a nonhuman entity like a dog... and that includes all the places I have mentioned before..While we love them dearly, dogs are not human and cannot/should not go with us everywhere we go nor do everything with us...While children are many times badly behaved, but they are human and as such, demand that we give a little, although very little more tolerance to them than we should have to give to dogs and their owners who offend us by taking them places they should not.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is inconsiderate, and rude to make the others there with you abide with what you and your dog do, or might do....This trend just became popular lately and hopefully it is just a trend...but animals have no place in the places I just mentioned and lots more...

You are trying to tell me it is about the dog, but the truth is that it is about you wanting to be trendy, different all you end up being is rude, discourteous and silly...

I'm being rude by taking my dog with me from time to time to a coffee house (or whereever) that openly welcomes dogs??? There's some rude and discourteous behavior here alright, but I hardly think it's me. At least your comments serve to illustrate exactly why I prefer the company of a dog sometimes. Me, trendy? I've been called a lot of things but....wow that's a good one. My wife will get a kick out of that one. :rolleyes:

Dude, I'm not trying to refute your opinion. Hell, I even agree about it for the most part. I've certainly got a long list of things that people do that peeve me in public (hence my previous analogy of bratty kids, which you felt tainted the point of your thread - sorry, I didn't mean to detour your rant.) I was merely offering that some places allow and even encourage people to bring dogs and since you brought this up in a public discussion, I just asked "so what", expecting that maybe you'd further enlighten me on your interesting point of view instead of berating me. If it bothers you that much, feel free to sic the management on me if I'm on the patio hanging out with one of my canine friends at a place with a sign that says "dogs welcome."

I guess I must be one of the objects of your hate, so I'll bow out here. It wouldn't be appropriate to comment any further, without comprising the hate forum guidelines. If you or anyone else feels I already have, I apologize - it wasn't my intent. FWIW, I don't appreciate being called "rude, discourteous and silly", at least not by someone who doesn't know me. I've come to expect a more mature forum out here and this is rather surprising.

-Mike

Edited by AustinMike

I'm all for taking my dog with me to places that are dog-friendly, like Petsmart, but I hardly think they belong in department stores and especially grocery stores and places the serve food.

Rather than complain to the Dog owner though, because most likely you'll get a "go to hell" type of answer, ask the store owner/manager about their policy and why they aren't doing something about the violator.

......I am being brainwashed that everything needs further explanation, and it is not really simple. ......

I'm afraid that is one of the problems in this country. Why do people think they need further explanation when told a simple idea or instructed to perform some simple task.

I can't tell you the number of times I took my life in my own hands by asking my Daddy, Why? :surprise: Would you dare ask the boss for a further explanation when instructed to be on time for work?

+1 Sometimes I think I'm the only one who has read "A message to Garcia"

Rather than complain to the Dog owner though, because most likely you'll get a "go to hell" type of answer, ask the store owner/manager about their policy and why they aren't doing something about the violator.

Under the ADA, store owners can't really do more than ask "Is this a service animal?" If the answer is "Yes," then the situation is concluded, as the disabled are under no obligation to share the details of their disability.....

I pretty much agree with TL ---- but was amazed that seeing eye dogs are now only a part of a much larger class of service animals. That's all I was trying to get at in my earlier post.....

Hey Nik, is there some proof that an animal is a service animal? Some sort of license, paper work, tag, some bureaucrat following along fretting over the situation, anything? The ADA is stupid on many fronts, I wonder if this another one of those.

Hmm.. Maybe I should claim that Odin is a service animal. Who am I kidding, I'm his service human.

Hey Nik, is there some proof that an animal is a service animal? Some sort of license, paper work, tag, some bureaucrat following along fretting over the situation, anything? The ADA is stupid on many fronts, I wonder if this another one of those.

Hmm.. Maybe I should claim that Odin is a service animal. Who am I kidding, I'm his service human.

Nope --- owners of service animals are not required to carry documentation, nor are the animals required to wear any form of ID......

Service human --- that's funny. Have you fed Odin in the last year? He was telling me he's been starved, and wants some sweet potatoes like that other dog......

Starting a hate rant is kind of a two edged sword...first, it makes you feel better by getting it out of your system....but, it opens up possible rebuttals to your rant..

However, if you read the rules of the forum about this topic..you will notice it states that if you cannot support the rant, you are not allowed to rebutt it...

So without calling any specific names here..it is MY OPINION about people taking their dogs where they do not, according to Emily Dickinson, belong that gets to be voiced here...not the opinions of those that frequent places other than Petsmart that allow all pets to come there...who think I am using this forum and this rant to foist my immature ideas on the remainder of you...

This is not personal...if it seems like that, don't read it and don't post here.

I love dogs, but it is my opinion that they do not belong in stores, malls, theaters, movies, restaurants, bookstores, coffee shops, drug stores, etc...

So all of you that got your feelings hurt during the run of this thread...get over it..it was a hate rant..

this has just about run its course

CLOSED

Starting a hate rant is kind of a two edged sword...first, it makes you feel better by getting it out of your system....but, it opens up possible rebuttals to your rant..

It shouldn't.

Anybody that is providing a rebuttal is breaking the Hate Forum rules.

CLOSED