Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Desert Eagle 44

kiyshooter

Anybody shoot a Dersert Eagle 44? I just started having ejection problems. I usually load 5 rounds and every time after the last round the case is not ejected. I have to use a cleaning rod to push the last round out. In between shots the fired case is ejected wihtout any problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I work @ a gun store / range and have quite a bit of experience with the Desert Eagle in .44 and .50.

Ive seen about 4 that have the same problem. What we found is the ammo is to blame. For some reason unless your shooting very hot .44 loads or a near +P load, the Desert Eagle has a very hard time cycling and clearing the spent casing.

Not sure if thats exactly what is going on with your, but just thought I would share that with you.

Edited by Rendar

I work @ a gun store / range and have quite a bit of experience with the Desert Eagle in .44 and .50.

Ive seen about 4 that have the same problem. What we found is the ammo is to blame. For some reason unless your shooting very hot .44 loads or a near +P load, the Desert Eagle has a very hard time cycling and clearing the spent casing.

Not sure if thats exactly what is going on with your, but just thought I would share that with you.

+1 I use 240 or 300gr fmj or jhp. Keep it hot and It will work.

It's been a few years since I've owned a DE, but here's my 2 cents. Use only JHP or some sort of bullet with no exposed lead on the base. Use full power loads (and then some.) Can't remember the charge, but I always used 240gr. JHP with a max load of 2400 with magnum primers and a tight crimp (very loud and some impressive flame - always had people coming over to ask, what the hell was that at the range! :lol: ) Make sure the gas port is clean. Take the bolt apart and clean it. I used to take mine out and spray gun scrubber all through it, then lightly oil.